voluntary subscription

Dear GGG,

We are all aware that you will need money, as any company does. We all know you will come up with some great ideas and they will sell. But I would like to see you add a voluntary subscription option. Two posters on MMO-Champion (me and one other) just accidentally came up with the "if it had a sub, this would be the game" comment.

The idea?

Add a voluntary subscription option to your micro-transactions. With options for 1, 3 and 6 months. I would personally be willing to pay 12.50 a month, 11*3 per 3 and 10*6 per 6, but you can make up any numbers you like. The sub would not add any game advantages, but it would be nice if the money was exchanged for coins.

Your advantage? A fixed revenue for an x period. Which doesn't mean we can't pay more on top of it, obviously.

Will this cost you money? Surely not. What's the difference between just paying money the normal way? It's the mental notion that we are willing to support this game to great lengths and, personally, since I can't afford 1K out of my pocket, see it as a down payment for well.. the leftover 950. Obviously there would have to be some sort of "tracking" system that accurately tags your account as subscribed, but beyond that, I wouldn't want to see any additional fluff. Just the notion that we want this game to get better and better.

This way, you don't add pay to win, you don't add a sub-only system, you do not add premium accounts with premium benefits, but you still have a fixed revenue. Random Micro transactions might be able to keep you sustained, but only if you sell well. Judging by your fan base, a soft-sub might be a success. I would rather pay you, then another boring MMO.

p.s. I would like to see iDeal as a payment option :O)

This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
What's subscription in this context?
"
glovedust wrote:
What's subscription in this context?

Monthly payments.

I was the other part to this suggestion but before i would subscribe i would have to wait until you had payment options for outside of the US, as much as i love the game i hate the banks that take even more of my money to convert the currency.

You would need to offer some sort of incentive to attract customers to it though and other than the "pay to win" stuff i had a hard time thinking of something that would make people want to sub.
The only one i can come up with atm is If you were to add some full body skins for classes for a large fee you could esentialy rent the access to the skin for the subs rather than an outright one off payment.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
I think this is a good idea (this is essentially what some free-to-play MMO titles are doing, "The Secret World" for example).

I for one would be glad to support PoE further, but the pure point packages do not appeal to me. On the other hand, I do not know whether a soft subsription is the right thing. For me another form of supporter pack like those in the Closed Beta would be the ideal thing. Again ranging from 10$ to 250$, or even 1000$, each containing certain special features. Points, pets, weapon and skill effects, perhaps.

- Cazy

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info