I can't be the only one thinking this

I am slightly aroused...? That isn't what I meant? What do you mean (to original post).

What formula for a point and click ARPG would you have a game follow? Fate? lol no... just no, too kiddish, but the D2 basic formula for blood guts and gore is incredibly beautiful and a delicate process, besides that this looks a LOT more gruesome.
I love virtual brutality so save it for the Mobs...
The way i see it is Diablo set a standard for ARPG's. PoE takes that standard and raises it to another level. (IMO)
Nothing is true. All is permitted.
Resist. Unlearn. Defy.
[www.theexiledclan.org]
I wouldn't hate the poster for calling this a Diablo clone. It's not an insult. If anything earns the title of being similar to that amazing series, that's good... cause D3 won't (at least from me). Now, we all know Diablo series pretty much pioneered the formula. PoE is like a twinkie... it's an enhanced version of D2 on outside... with an explosion of goodness on the inside. There are a ton of innovative futures in PoE that will make PoE the new leading ARPG.
"Life is a tragedy when seen in close-up, but a comedy in long-shot." - Charlie Chaplin
Last edited by bkboggy on Aug 3, 2011, 2:18:56 AM
Another thought:
Not every game can invent it's own genre.
The way I see this game is that PoE takes the best from ARPGs and Dungeon Crawlers and combines it into one game.
Special attention goes to the Dev Diary entries making it clear that this is not a copy but a new game of the same genre but with nice consideration which mechanics are good/bad.
Unofficial Offline Skilltree Tool by Headhorr and me:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/19723

kenzen naru tamashii wa,
kenzen naru seishin to,
kenzen naru nikutai ni yadoru.
Just because Diablo2 put the ARPG genre on the map, why does every bloody game have to be a diablo clone? There are alot of unique and distinct feature in the game that has nothing to do with D2?

I for one take my hat off to GGG for creating a game on a tried and tested game's formula then adding USP's to it...

Alot of game attempted to completely bypass using the D2 formula and were bloody awful! At least GGG are brave enough to show us that they have modelled some feature on D2 becasue it was such a winner and then added a slew of their own to make it the winner it surely looks.
Level 98 Cyclone Shockwave Slayer
It is more of a HacknSlash ARPG, the ARPG genre includes games in the style of Fallout 3 & New Vegas, Batman Arkham Asylum, God of War... ARPGs can vary quite a bit.
I love virtual brutality so save it for the Mobs...
Didn't you hear? Every car-maker stole ideas from Mercedes. Oh, wait... Americans like to say it was Ford.
"Life is a tragedy when seen in close-up, but a comedy in long-shot." - Charlie Chaplin
stop crying, he's right you know get over it.
huh
OMG Atari will sue BlizzTard + GGG.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gauntlet_%28arcade_game%29

LAWLZ

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info