I can't be the only one thinking this

I'm sure many have said it before me, but this looks almost like a carbon copy of Diablo II, from the combat to the equipment screen, to the HUD.

If the developers of this game are in anyway affiliated to Blizzard and I just don't know it, please let me know.
Um. The skill system, potion system, and many other systems are completely different.
Even so, this just seems like another Diablo clone to me.
Well, you just opened a can of hate towards yourself.

I think this game is fairly creative in many ways from what I've seen, though. Visuals don't concern me, and gameplay...

Well, we'll see. All games of this genre look largely identical at first glance.
I am a huge fan of Diablo... But I have realised that POE isn't just another Diablo clone. Diablo clones suck! POE is actually really really good!

Besides, from the recent information released for Diablo 3 - I'm really starting to see that POE is heading in the right direction... they really know what they are doing. =)
WOOOOO_NESS_OF_DOOM!!!!!
yep, it does resemble D2. But as some have said before me, there are a lot of original ideas here, which will make this game stand out amongst ARPG's.

Also, I believe the HUD is going to get a revamp, so what we're seeing now is temporary. I hope they do something a bit different, so it's not so much like D2.
I love lamp
Love people who join a forum to bitch.
Cheaper than free... Speedtree
Last edited by Rustychops on Aug 2, 2011, 11:13:13 PM
"
jmackay wrote:
Also, I believe the HUD is going to get a revamp, so what we're seeing now is temporary. I hope they do something a bit different, so it's not so much like D2.

The new revamp will look a ton better but don't expect a huge change in layout for the HUD. The HUD needs to be functional first and decorative second. I can't think of too many layout changes that would actually improve the functionality of the HUD and not just be different for the sake of being different.

Still. Best just to wait and see.
Forum Sheriff
Last edited by tpapp157 on Aug 2, 2011, 11:53:50 PM
One of the biggest differences between Diablo 2 and PoE is the fact that PoE will have a persistent world rather than just temporary play sessions.

And even if PoE was a 2011 remake of D2 clone it would STILL be awesome. Diablo 2 is one of my favorite games of all time.
your notion is similar to person buying a car

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info