[1.3] *Updated Tree* Dbum's The Void Pulser| | Low Life Crit Freezing Pulse | Leveling Guides Added

With 1.2 comes the "Season of the Witch" I like to call it. There are many new changes including big buffs to spell casters. I am putting together this guide for a Cold Crit Witch, for both Low Life (Yes Solaris Lorca Viable) and CI.

**A notable thing about Freezing Pulse - No Damage effectiveness reduction, that means if you add added lightning/chaos/cold/whatever it does not reduce the effective damage that those supports apply.**

PROS
-Very fun
-Does great damage
-Very high energy shield
-Low Life status with Pain Attunement (30% MORE spell damage)
-Can use Solaris Lorca to keep cheap
-Can handle most map mods
-Can kill normal Atziri (vid in video section)
-Freezing Pulse now works!!!
-Can do much better damage with a really good rare wand, ring, amulet
-Great solo build

CONS
-Can get expensive
-Have to find the sweet spot to shotgun
-May have to dodge some map mods (depending on gear lvl)

Leveling Guides
Low Life Leveling

So I leveled as low life starting at lvl 24 when you can equip Blood Magic gem. So with BM gem and Clarity you can reserve enough life to go "Low Life" (less than 35% life)

You will need Solaris Lorca and Crown of Thorns, as well as all Energy Shield other gear. You can just crush through content if you follow my leveling guide for this with minimal deaths with the right gear.

You can follow to the "T" and respec out of certain points when I do. Or you can use this as a "guide" and choose your path.

Recomended to use Discepline ASAP @lvl31 and Herald of Ice on Mana, with Clarity + Blood Magic gem on life for the majority of lvling. Adding in Purity of Elements if you need too and Haste if you get all the Mana reserve nodes.

Life Based/Hybrid ES/Life Leveling
This would be the way you would level if you dont feel like dealing with the "low life" stuff till late game.

RESPEC ALL LIFE POINTS TO THE REST OF THIS TREE

Why Go Low Life
The sole purpose behind going low life in this game is to gain access to "extra" auras, which can benefit you quite a lot. A couple other reasons to go low life is for certain mods on gear and/or passives (Pain Attunement 30% MORE spell damage)

This build you should use Shavronne's Wrappings, but it is not absolutely needed. You can use Solaris Lorca, I tested with 5800es!

The only issue using this much much cheaper item is getting the right colors needed (BBBBRG). But it is cheaper and very possible to get those colors and still have enough energy shield to be survivable.

Current DPS/Offensive Stats

With Vaal Haste, Power charges, Frenzy Charges, and Atziri Flask (Added Chaos Damage gem in place for PCoC)(Mostly Solo/Mapping)39,348 x 5 projectiles = 196,740 dps rounded up to 197k shotgun
Spoiler

With just Power Charges and Frenzy Charges (Added Chaos Damage gem in place for PCoC)(Mostly Solo/Mapping)26,123 x 5 = 130,615 dps shotgun
Spoiler

With just Power Charges/Frenzy Charges (PCoC added in for group purposes)18,710 x 5 = 93,550 dps shotgun
Spoiler

Current Defensive Stats

With Shavronne's Wrappings
Spoiler

Gear Needed

Low Life

It is absolutely necessary you have Solaris Lorca or a Shavronne's Wrappings

Lioneye's Paws gives us the "cannot be stunned when on low life" mod

Dream Fragments, now not absolutely necessary but highly suggested. If you have great reflexes and can control flask management you can use a dispels frozen and chilled flask (im too lazy hah!) and gain more dps through a cast speed/%cold dmg/crit ring

Doryani's Invitation gives us increased cold dmg and cold dmg leach.

Helm and Shield must be as high energy shield possible. Spell Crit and Spell Dmg also a very nice option, but can be costly

Amulet/2nd ring as much damage modifiers as you can possibly add in with some resistances

For Gloves you have 3 options. High ES/res and the new craftable cast speed, Maligaro's Virtuosity, or Atziri's Acuity.

For a wand you want High Spell damage, spell crit/multi, and cast speed. extra cold or projectile speed is amazing too for Freezing Pulse.
- Void Battery is so amazing for what what it has unique to it, 25% increased spell damage per power charge. Which if you include the down side you get 140% spell damage as well as crit and cast speed.

- Rare wand with spell dmg, cast speed, spell crit, crit multi can get really expensive much more than void battery.

CI (Chaos Inoculation)

You will need as much energy shield on your chest piece that you can get. Going CI you get so much ES with the skill points after CI keystone.

Eye of Chayula Amulet for the stats and "cannot be stunned" modifier

Dream Fragments, now not absolutely necessary but highly suggested. If you have great reflexes and can control flask management you can use a dispels frozen and chilled flask (im too lazy hah!) and gain more dps through a cast speed/%cold dmg/crit ring

Doryani's Invitation gives us increased cold dmg and cold dmg leach.

Helm and Shield must be as high energy shield possible

2nd ring as much damage modifiers as you can possibly add in with some resistances

For Gloves you have 3 options. High ES/res and the new craftable cast speed, Maligaro's Virtuosity, or Atziri's Acuity.

High ES boots with res/move speed whatever you need

For a wand you want High Spell damage, spell crit/multi, and cast speed. extra cold or projectile speed is amazing too for Freezing Pulse.
- Void Battery is so amazing for what what it has unique to it, 25% increased spell damage per power charge. Which if you include the down side you get 140% spell damage as well as crit and cast speed.

- Rare wand with spell dmg, cast speed, spell crit, crit multi can get really expensive much more than void battery.

Bandits

Norm - Kill All (skill point)
Cruel - Kill All (skill point)
Merc - Help Alira (+1 Power Charge)

Gem Links

Main Ability
- Freezing Pulse > Greater Multiple Projectiles > Spell Echo > Life Leach > Power Charge on Crit/Cold Pen/Added Chaos Damage > Increased Critical Damage (Drop ICD if you only have a 5link

Auras
- Boots Blood Magic > Reduced Mana > Haste > Purity of Elements
- Helmet Reduced Mana > Discipline > Clarity > Herald of Ice

Defensive
- Gloves Cast When Damage Taken (lvl 10/20q) > Enduring Cry (lvl 11/20q) > Immortal Call (lvl 10/20q) and Vaal Haste here or Blood Rage

Utility
- Wand 2link Lightning Warp > Reduced Duration and Vaal Discipline/Portal Gem
- Shield Enhance > Arctic Armour (lvl 1/20q for Movement only) > Assassin's Mark/Elemental Weakness

So to the build that I am having a absolute blast with!

Low Life Void Battery Build/Gear(current)

CI Build lvl 92
IGN @Dbum
Last edited by dbum on Dec 15, 2014, 2:50:04 PM
Look nice but can u put a screenshot without vaal haste?

and say 168k in title when its with vaal haste its not really fair imo, vaal haste its a huge dps boost

And when u dont use pcoc how u get ur charge ? ice spear pcoc ? the new curse ? but this one is pretty annoying because its only if u kill u and in 6 party ppl u dont always do the last hit and curse all monster its annoying
Last edited by DoKKO on Aug 24, 2014, 7:16:52 AM
How do you calculate dps of FP? The dps shown on tooltip isnt already calculated with 5 projectiles?
Getting Nullification is much more point effective than Body and Soul. You can spend extra points for better ES nodes (6% ones in Unnatural Calm cluster).
dbum-bum-bum
"
DoKKO wrote:
Look nice but can u put a screenshot without vaal haste?

and say 168k in title when its with vaal haste its not really fair imo, vaal haste its a huge dps boost

And when u dont use pcoc how u get ur charge ? ice spear pcoc ? the new curse ? but this one is pretty annoying because its only if u kill u and in 6 party ppl u dont always do the last hit and curse all monster its annoying

it goes higher than that with atziri flask I figured a dps with vaal haste is nice to see because it is up a bunch.

as for group I swap out added chaos for PCoC. so obviously this dps is with solo play using assasins mark.

"
rasmon wrote:
How do you calculate dps of FP? The dps shown on tooltip isnt already calculated with 5 projectiles?

it is calculated as one projectile. so with gmp you multiply by 5

"
phoenix4dota wrote:
Getting Nullification is much more point effective than Body and Soul. You can spend extra points for better ES nodes (6% ones in Unnatural Calm cluster).

I understand it is more point efficient getting nullification, but I very much like having the aura nodes over there. plus with using void battery the extra power charge gives 29% increased spell damage as well as 50% increased chance to crit

"
mlmx wrote:
dbum-bum-bum

mlmxmlmxmlmx
IGN @Dbum
how about using 6l pledge of hand instead wand?
"
dbum wrote:
"
phoenix4dota wrote:

I understand it is more point efficient getting nullification, but I very much like having the aura nodes over there. plus with using void battery the extra power charge gives 29% increased spell damage as well as 50% increased chance to crit

Um just swapping to this gives you more ES at the cost of irrelevant armor.
i have all the same gear as u but i dont have the shav, i have 6l solaris, it is a build that u must be rly carefull cuz u can die in 2 sec ? btw i hope ull put vids soon, i want to see it in action :)

i was a scion low life ST and since i cant afford all mirror like fyndel ^^ i rly sux in 1.2.0.. xD
so the plan is, if its worth it, ill transfer all my ST gear on my sors :)
With it being a new league these items are going to be hard to acquire, is this build scalable with worse gear ?
Also is this viable for levelling with without to much respeccing required ?

Cheers

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info