Snufflecat mercy key giveaway (WINNER ANNOUNCED IN OP)

I have no proof that it was because of your puzzle, but i had a blood vessel behind my eye pop and had to take off work later that same day :( still have a headache from it

remember i said meh brains was hurting... turns out was meh eye...
Last edited by lowtus on Oct 6, 2011, 1:41:02 AM
what I will say, is just try to solve my puzzle.

CYUSHOFLKUEOSA

KEY:3,5,2,9,11,6,1,13,4,7,14,12,10,8

hint: (what do i think about your puzzles)

Thanks for the oppertunity to win a key. I have just now given up, cant get my head round this one :(

Well it was a good two days work and sleepless night. Wasted a lot of papper, hope my wife dont find it she will be pissed.

Puzzles = Hopes and dreams CRUSHED
Imagine how heartbreaking and rage-inducing it would be to win the key, only to discover a beta member had solved the first puzzle and taken it :p

p.s. I didn't do this, for the record.
Closed Beta/Alpha Tester back after a 10-year hiatus.
Kiwi pets and Spark spam FTW.

that would be quite upsetting to find out though.. im still searching the house for my frantic scribblings.. er notes
"
whiteBoy88 wrote:
Imagine how heartbreaking and rage-inducing it would be to win the key, only to discover a beta member had discovered the cure for cancer using a paperclip and the clue "frog pink demolition derby flower ghost tome." :p

Fixed
"
whiteBoy88 wrote:
Imagine how heartbreaking and rage-inducing it would be to win the key, only to discover a beta member had solved the first puzzle and taken it :p

I'm pretty sure a Beta-member has already figured out what the key sequence is.
"What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof."

-Christopher Hitchens

My girlfriend and I worked for many hours trying to figure out both puzzles. I assumed a more mathematical approach and worked through sequences of numbers on my comp, while she took out her whiteboard and notepad trying to come up with more... direct? correlations. I gave up before she did, as she slept and then continued for a bit the next day. Her whiteboard was amusing to look at, completely filled with possible connections and at 2-3 pages in her notebook.

As far as a comparative look with the work others put in, I have no idea.
To be honest i didn't post anything as it was confusing enough already, but even after i managed to get the "achived" Skill section homepage from
Path of Exile Skills 11.4.2011 i was not able to find any clue for the easy solution.
I can only agree with those who mentioned it already, that a puzzle you create is always looking easy for yourself, as your thoughts are in there.
Nevertheless, thanks for the opportunity and the entertaining thread, was a lot speculation and later stress in there .. now only the happy ending with a lovely key is missing.

Oh and would it be to much to ask for a short example (not the real one ofc) about how you wanted us to go on. I bet a lot ppl would like to know how it looked like in your solution.

I don't think a Beta-Member found the key tho ..
There is always a way.
If not ... let's make one ;D
Last edited by PatBu80 on Oct 6, 2011, 2:26:47 AM
I skipped school to try to solve your puzzles and wrecked my brains through the night to solve it. I also visited every wikipedia page on the path of exile wiki, and tried many possibilities. I also waited and refreshed for the several clues that you have given out and tried to implement those into my working yet i still could not solve them.

I also tried different techniques, referenced several websites about deciphering, read up on substitution ciphers, tried http://rot13.com all to no avail.

Below are my workings:
(shift+middle-mouse to scroll sideways)

....._______
..../...........\
...|.............|_____...._........…
...|......o................V..VVVVV..\
...|.............________________/
....\_______/
Last edited by justintay123 on Oct 6, 2011, 2:30:15 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type