Snufflecat mercy key giveaway (WINNER ANNOUNCED IN OP)

Thanks snufflecat, I really was hoping it wasn't a troll. Imo you're doing the right thing, these guys deserve it, they've probably got headaches from trying to wrap their head around your puzzle. GL Everyone, kill some monsters for me D:.

*Goes back to the heart breaker that is known as the timer*

"
lagnugget wrote:
Thanks snufflecat, I really was hoping it wasn't a troll. Imo you're doing the right thing, these guys deserve it, they've probably got headaches from trying to wrap their head around your puzzle. GL Everyone, kill some monsters for me D:.

I know I got a headache from it. D: Hard puzzle is hard.
"
Elytiri wrote:
"
lagnugget wrote:

*Hugs*

"
lagnugget wrote:
"
Elytiri wrote:
"
lagnugget wrote:

*Hugs*

*Hugs back* I hope that your able to get a beta key, Imo you deserve one. :D
No more than anyone else, probably even less so. A lot of people have got shafted out of the beta. People who have been here far longer. =P

Gosh finally, but honestly I am too lazy to scan all the pages I made notes on it, there are too many =) In the first puzzle I posted in the thread at least in the second just tried to activate beta account :)
So congratulations to the lucky bastard who will get the key, I will probably not :/
I threw my notes out in frustration, but i can give you the gist of it.

For the first puzzle I gave each digit of the jumbled key a value in relation to the list of numbers. I made three tables, one using the list of numbers as is, another using the list of numbers in 5 digit segments and the last using the numbers in reverse order.
Lastly I did this again with the missing numbers (10, 11, 16, 19, 21, 22) included in the set of numbers given.
I then used the clues you supplied and tried to relate them to items listed in http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1207 since that was the only place I could find information on items... that got me nowhere.
This lasted until you changed the puzzle.

For the second puzzle I tried to find the missing numbers from 47.4645_30_2_ using the 5 clues given (beta timer, elements, resources, POE site and number 5, which stumped me), I scoured the PoE-Wiki trying every link I could find that related in some way to the 5 clues given...
The jumbled up key I again assigned values in relation to the cipher in several ways, all of which didnt end up working...

All in all it took more time than I would like to admit with me coming to no real conclusion... It makes me rather depressed that I spent so much time and made no hard progress...

thanks anyway.
Here's some of my notes. I deleted a lot, but... heh. I spent a number of hours on this stuff.

A chart I made trying to see some sort of... physical patterning in the order of the first set of numbers.
http://www.christriolo.com/MiscJunk/numberchart.gif

I followed the 2nd puzzle from the beginning. I made a few posts following the first five clues, although I mostly did a lot of looking and not a ton of talking. I definitely spent a decent amount of time hunting down that number.

The only notes page that survived. A lot of speculation on numbers and such. Peices from both the first and second puzzle. Might be a bit hard to follow; I hold a lot of stuff in my head.

http://www.christriolo.com/MiscJunk/Notes.gif

It was fun. Mind telling us the solutions? I'm genuinely curious, even if I kinda doubt I'll get the key X_X
Last edited by MOOMANiBE on Oct 6, 2011, 1:21:47 AM
i think is now going to be "who can make up the wildest story and put the most effort into making that story believable"......
Alvana is a saint, thanks so much for the easter egg beta key!

Beta as of 10:12am forum time Oct 7, 2011
Hey bro. I checked my forum post logs and I posted over 25 forum replies to both of your puzzles. I worked on it non stop since puzzle #1 came out and worked on it until 4:30 AM till I could not function anymore so I had to sleep. I gave your 2nd puzzle a try for at least 4 hours and gave up on that as well. If you look at most of my posts, they were helpful posts on my thought processes in order to help out the community that were also trying to figure it out. Hope you choose me.

P.S. can you post the answers to both puzzles because my mind is still boggled and I cannot function correctly without the correct answer!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info