br67FGfvlger6897bFU087 <---Real account?

This is not the first one I've seen, but certainly the longest and most unorthodox. Is it possible someone created a bot to make accounts to get Beta keys?

Missed the grats thread for this account, but I think having more threads open for questionable accounts like this would be a good thing. Maybe someone needs to take a closer look into account names like this?
Last edited by BlizMare on Oct 5, 2011, 1:50:43 PM
If it is a BS account then no one will play it, and they will send out more keys.

If he monitors akll his created accounts and plays grats to him.

Either way our turn will come.
lol... legit account?

suuuuuuuuure

and im a cat

meow
Alvana is a saint, thanks so much for the easter egg beta key!

Beta as of 10:12am forum time Oct 7, 2011
He'll just sell the key in stead of playing it. So.. Fix it please?
Derpy!
wowwwwwwwwww i just registered give it to me lmao
There aren't many restrictions on names, additionally this name appears to be a semi-random human type based on the positioning of the characters relative to one another.

Also, while players could make bots to fill in info, they still have to do the captcha's themselves for both the email address and the poe account.
If you have account problems please [url="http://www.pathofexile.com/support"]Email Support[/url]
There are bots that use OCR for captcha. The bot is scripted to scan x,y location for alphanumeric symbols in images, then input into form. Captcha is old, and is only a deterrent, not a prevention.
Last edited by BlizMare on Oct 5, 2011, 3:30:50 PM
a good ocr algorithm is hard to come by, albeit I'm sure many have been made...

Do I think that's how this account got generated? not really, but the real question is then, how many accounts ARE like this one?
If you have account problems please [url="http://www.pathofexile.com/support"]Email Support[/url]
"
zeto wrote:
a good ocr algorithm is hard to come by, albeit I'm sure many have been made...

Do I think that's how this account got generated? not really, but the real question is then, how many accounts ARE like this one?

i would guess to put every person on par with the number of dummy accounts ppl have made, we each would have to make 20 accounts.
Alvana is a saint, thanks so much for the easter egg beta key!

Beta as of 10:12am forum time Oct 7, 2011
Maybe the guy couldn't decide on a name, so he facerolled the keyboard? Having an odd name isn't grounds for a ban.
Closed Beta/Alpha Tester back after a 10-year hiatus.
Kiwi pets and Spark spam FTW.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info