Where do people like to farm maps

I just finished Merciless and was thinking of farming for some maps, and I was wondering where people like to farm maps before starting them. Do you guys usually wait till you have a certain amount before starting them, or be a certain level? Both? Thanks! :)
Anywhere in act 3 where you can kill mobs quickly and easily, the Docks is a popular choice.

The safest bet is to farm outside maps until you hit a level where you can no longer gain xp at a reasonable rate, for Docks farming that's around 72-73 which should net you enough maps to get you started and progressing. You can certainty do them at much lower level than that but all too often people just start them lower when they have 1-2, they don't get any maps back and then run to the forum to complain map drops are broken.
Last edited by RandallPOE on Feb 4, 2013, 3:39:04 AM
"
RandallPOE wrote:
they don't get any maps back and then run to the forum to complain map drops are broken.

And they are 100% right. White maps should be sold by vendors for orbs. Just like white items are.

Thats why endgame is broken for solo player atm.. you play map and pray to another one drop because if not all you can do is ALT+F4. NOt everyone is Kripparian with 4k ppl donate him items and maps.
Maps are items... they should be at vendors.

Also.. farming one area till 73 only ot faceroll 66 maps... sound like fun lol. Great edvice. :/ Whay they are even in game if you advice is to ignore them till 73+ lvl lol?

I hope next patch will change a lot in endgame because idea is good - execuution is not.
Its not engame when you cant play it. Period.
Last edited by Kabraxis on Feb 4, 2013, 4:01:53 AM
"
Kabraxis wrote:

Thats why endgame is broken for solo player atm.. you play map and pray to another one drop because if not all you can do is ALT+F4. NOt everyone is Kripparian with 4k ppl donate him items and maps.

What a ridiculous thing to say. Anyone can run them successfully if they use their brain, partying up and pooling maps helps but it's not essential.

"
Kabraxis wrote:

So are uniques, lets have a vendor that sells all the uniques in the game for orbs also?

"
Kabraxis wrote:

Also.. farming one area till 73 only ot faceroll 66 maps... sound like fun lol. Great edvice. :/ Whay they are even in game if you advice is to ignore them till 73+ lvl lol?

They aren't just there to get xp, there are also there to get higher level maps from. To use them at way lower level when you could get xp from somewhere else without having to use a map to do it just isn't that efficient use of them given the rarity.
Last edited by RandallPOE on Feb 4, 2013, 5:13:11 AM
White Rhoa Feather + Wisdom Scrap = Map @ vendor.
"
Kabraxis wrote:
"
RandallPOE wrote:
they don't get any maps back and then run to the forum to complain map drops are broken.

And they are 100% right. White maps should be sold by vendors for orbs. Just like white items are.

I hope next patch will change a lot in endgame because idea is good - execuution is not.
Its not engame when you cant play it. Period.

This. The only justification people can cite for locking people out of end game content is that maps are a currency sink, but they would be a MUCH better currency sink if they were sold by vendors. Still waiting on comment from GGG on this.
IGN: Iolar
"
BRavich wrote:

This. The only justification people can cite for locking people out of end game content is that maps are a currency sink, but they would be a MUCH better currency sink if they were sold by vendors. Still waiting on comment from GGG on this.

They have said numerous times they want them to be traded between players like other items, so why would they add a vendor for them? If you can't already buy level 66's for an alch or equivalent from other players it won't be very long before you can.
Last edited by RandallPOE on Feb 4, 2013, 5:39:27 AM
66 maps should be widely available in trade fairly soon as more and more people start stockpiling them. I know quite a few people who have more 66s than they know what to do with.

At the start, it does suck to be solo because you have less protection from bad luck, where a group will go into maps with like a pool of ~40 so they're far less likely to get ruined by a bad run of RNG. Not going to be an issue fairly soon in default but in any long ladder race it will.

Oh, and City of Sarn is pretty good farming.
Last edited by aimlessgun on Feb 4, 2013, 6:00:27 AM
Docks and once you can do maps effective, you will farm maps only on maps...

Was never out of Maps in cb..

gl & hf
The elements are my allies.
The dead are my servants.
And fear...will be my closest friend.

Deutscher Global Channel "/global 4745"
closing in on level 75 - found a total of 4 maps so far
IGN: Leupacob, Cobberts
check out my shop--> http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/162312/page/1

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type