Deamoncaster (Serious Chaos Inocultion Build)

Hey guys

I just started a witch, and after a fun but rather standard marauder build and a rather boring dual-wielding duelist, i wanted to try something "out of the ordinary". So after looking at the passive tree for a bit (About 10 hours xD) I decided to make a build around the "Chaos Inoculation Keystone". This is the one that maxes you immune to chaos damage but reduces your max life to 1.

This means that all your sustain must come from your energy shield. So to make sure that you actually have a shot, you need to be able to regain that in combat as well.

To do this i combine a few different keystones/support gems.

Basically, i will use support life leech gems in combination with Ghost Reaver (life leech works o energy shield instead of health) and Vaal pact (life leech is instant, but no regen). Vaal Pact is extremely handy, because since my life will be very binary, either 1 or 0, i'm not gonna use flasks or regen for that anyway.

As this is gonna be my first spell based class, and will probably be hard enough already, i really need some pointers on how to maximize spell damage effectively with as little passive points as possible, since I need a lot to get the keystone, + the strength for Life Leech and Iron Will support Gems, while at the same time investing a lot of points into energy shield to make sure monsters don't 1 hit me.

I mainly went for reduced cast time and improved AoE and was thinking about use ice nova as my main spell. For gear i was thinking about a lot of energy shield (dûh) with a splash of armor, using a staff for its defensive value, or maybe a sceptre and shield.

This is my first attempt at it, will edit this post to add improved versions for convenience.
Deamoncaster V1
Deamoncaster 80 Pts V1

PS: i know i posted a witch build in the templar forum, but since it is a strength/intelligence hybrid build, i thought i'dd post it here.
Last edited by Internettrol on Feb 4, 2013, 6:15:22 AM
Edit:

Tempting build, but I see that it needs 111 Points to be effective? It might be better to aim for a 80 point build and see what you have to shave off.
Last edited by Darksunne on Feb 4, 2013, 5:07:08 AM
Did what you asked, most points come from mana regen, and a couple from all over the board (defensive/offensive). Thou to be honest, i don't think i can get lower then 60 points, so i guess i have to start as a regular witch/templar and go from there...

Could really use some insight in relation to mana problems with caster, since so far i only have a build that uses bloodmagic past level 33.

Internettrol

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info