Where to go from here?

Hey guys. I'm still a big noob in this game and am trying decide what direction I should take my character next. I have posted my passive skill tree below (I am level 30). I use a 1-handed mace and a shield for weapons. At this point I need to make the decision of whether I go fire or lightning (not much interest in cold) but can't really decide. Thus far I have had success using and leveling mostly lightning based skills but am not hooked on it yet since I used a lot of fire earlier on and had fun with it. My main concern with using fire over lightning is that there are passives nearby that enable me to trigger shock despite having Resolute Technique, but I can't seem to find anything that enables burning. If there is a reliable way to trigger burning then I will probably choose fire.

At this point my main questions are:
1)Can I reliably get burning like I can shock when I have resolute technique? If not is that a big deal for a templar?
2)Should I start investing in more damage at this point or should I focus on defense?

Anyway sorry for the lengthy question. I will appreciate any suggestions you guys have.

-Thanks-

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUABVskiyftMQE1gD0PRUdG103YXcZgbXKpfLt82X1ThMSIuorki4yMdpvsna6ePKyqr2y1BLaGxPbFit3z4XPtIPAf

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info