Conversion Trap New Mechanic

"
Rhys wrote:
Currently, Conversion Trap doesn't work on players in (what is internally known as) Team Arena mode, which includes 1v1 and 3v3. This does not include CTF or FFA (Sarn Arena).

However, this may change. I'm thinking that maybe it shouldn't affect players ever, for consistency.

This thread is purely to talk about what GGG wants for the community and how we might change this to increase both the consistency and balance Rhys is talking about in this post.

Personally, I never found conversion traps to be the problem. I usually found smoke mine to be the problem since it let people get so far away after every conversion trap. But whatever I guess.

I think a good change to conversion trap would be to base the conversion duration based on life remaining. Lower HP targets will be converted for longer (allowing them to recover and retreat, as well as taking them out of the fight) while higher HP targets will be converted for MUCH shorter (letting them set up against whoever dropped the traps, but also allow the players to react).

This change would give significant pros and cons to using conversion traps, and conversion trap already has a high cooldown. If you have any concerns or feedback about this proposed change, I would love to hear it.
I believe traps should be removed from PVP entirely.

and im not the only one who feels that way
"
Pillowapnts wrote:

I like traps. I think they serve a purpose. They keep certain builds in check, life flicker and other melee skills.
IGN: _Firebitch
Last edited by Firebrand76 on Aug 21, 2014, 1:04:49 PM
"
Firebrand76 wrote:
"
Pillowapnts wrote:

I like traps. I think they serve a purpose. They keep certain builds in check, life flicker and other melee skills.

well when every single puncture trap one shots you through 1700 life, and they are invulnerable... they shouldn't be able to throw them all the way across the screen right on top of you as if it was some kind of super ranged spell.

anyways, yeah i agree conversion trap should be consistent through all pvp.

CTF with conversion would be terrible.
Last edited by Pillowapnts on Aug 21, 2014, 3:24:40 PM
Invulnerable traps require significant investment if you aren't a trap based character. I love how GGG put it behind trap throwing speed to do this. I think traps are fine otherwise. Just perhaps things like point blank and puncture itself needing nerfs after 1.2's buffs.
the only thing i have a problem with in particular is the range of how far you can whip a trap.

so far, the single most effective strategy used by anyone against my caster has been name locking me with traps, then throwing them on to me from the edge of my screen. This is not an exaggeration. Not just puncture, bear trap is equally deadly.

level 28 pvp of course

Last edited by Pillowapnts on Aug 22, 2014, 2:53:20 AM
I would still like to see something like this implemented. Just like unique items, benefits, but with drawbacks. Only that you can utilize the benefits better and cover up the drawbacks based on your build.
"
Just perhaps things like point blank and puncture itself needing nerfs after 1.2's buffs.

this and

"
Pillowapnts wrote:
well when every single puncture trap one shots you through 1700 life

this.

Puncture + Trap gem + Point blank combo is WAY overpowered atm(LLD). It literally ones shots the tankiest of characters.

GGG if you read the feedback, hop onto PuncturesOrigin - DoctorWrath's lld shadow and see for yourself.

A character built around RANGE/SAFETY aka hiding behind traps while spamming arrows from a safe position across the map shouldn't be able to one shot with one arrow.
Last edited by Gjohny on Aug 24, 2014, 7:55:19 PM
Counter it.
What do you guys think about the mechanic though? Even in 1v1s it shouldn't allow ranged characters to fully disengage from using a single (destroyable) trap. It allows unpressured or undamaged characters to keep on the pressure, while still providing a useful mechanic for delaying and stalling the game.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info