Beyond League penalizes players for having good clear speed

While Rampage encourages good clear speed.

We will see how it is at high level, but at lower levels I'm not feeling it.
anything is everything
Last edited by Manocean on Aug 21, 2014, 2:22:32 AM
How? You get more mobs to slay aka more xp and more lewtz. Such penalty wow :P
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
In theory Beyond penalizes players for having middle clear speed. And particularly penalizes characters who don't have good single target damage.
Beyond seems kind of cool, but I'm really disappointed with what seems like a lack of variety in the mobs. Seems like every time I either get bugs that do flame blast or some type of melee guys that run at like 1000 move speed with chaos damage aura. I would appreciate some more variety in the packs, maybe some that are just floods of easy to kill mobs and some that are rather challenging.

That being said I really love the expansion so far.
I'm already not feeling it at all.

The one thing that could put a damper on plowing into a big pack of mobs is playing the guessing game about how many you can kill before you have to bail on the pack.

Even if it does get better at higher levels, and I'm sure it will, it makes leveling tedious at best.
Man_Mode
"
Xavderion wrote:
How? You get more mobs to slay aka more xp and more lewtz. Such penalty wow :P

From what I gather, the XP vs. risk/time ratio is off, though, so if you killed more trash mobs in the same time, you would end up with more XP. It's the same problem as in Invasion originally.
I disagree that it penalizes good clear speed builds. As long as you have a good single target you should be fine and if ur aoe is really good even better. If anything it penalizes very tanky builds because alot of the beyond mobs have super health regen so they likely cant kill them if they wanted to.

We just have to learn to adapt to the new league mobs like we always have its nothing we havent had to do in the past. GGG should give it a good month before making any changes to the beyond mobs imo its always good to see if players can adapt before changing stuff, just like in starcraft 2 players complain a certain race is broke then a few weeks later boom someone has come up with a strong counter it just takes time to learn the new meta.
It penalizes mindless play.
When I kill a man he stays dead.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info