Duel with Vagan: Is he too OP?

So I meet this guy on Lunaris Laboratory and he gave me a quest where I had to enter an arena behind him and face him. I thought it was going to be a hard fight, but seriously, that was insane!

He moves around really fast all the time and makes debris fall off the ceiling, which hits even harder, plus there is a fire ring surrounding the arena, and he tends to move towards it, which will damage you too if you go over it, obviously... Also, if you die, his health gos back to 100%!

I'm not sure, but as a melee, I don't think this fight is possible, unless you got some insane gear. For a ranged character, I think it's not that bad.

IMO, this boss encounter needs to be looked into and rebalanced a bit.
My biggest problem with him was that there was a time limit and he just takes a ton of damage and I think regenerates as well. I just couldn't kill him in time.

I really hate time limits, and if the devs insist on having them then I think people should be able to retry these quests until they are completed.
Standard Forever
Sounds like a gear check to me. Maybe it's the game telling you that you're not powerful enough to take him on yet?
"
Sounds like a gear check to me. Maybe it's the game telling you that you're not powerful enough to take him on yet?

FYI my character is lvl 85 with good gear.
Standard Forever
"
iamstryker wrote:
"

FYI my character is lvl 85 with good gear.

So the duel with Vagan scales with your levels?

Did you win though?
hes poorly overtuned for sure. he hits like a truck has 3 searing bond totems fast attacks and heals to full. I managed to kill him both times i ran into him but hes still not balanced by any sense. basically i had to equip heavy strike and tank him against a wall. and just spam my potions as I pumeled him barely winning each time. they really got the defense system of this game entirely one-sided and pigeon holed it will be the ruin of this game; it runs off many new players.
Last edited by Diablo3blows on Aug 21, 2014, 12:33:44 AM
my summoner pwnd him lel.
* Forum Avatar - $500USD
... -- Bex_GGG
"
estu87 wrote:
my summoner pwnd him lel.

+1

Entered the Arena, clicked "begin combat" and there he is, standing with the exclamation sign ("mission completed")

What are his attacks? Anyone? :D
Remember, suffering is convenient.
That is why many people prefer it.
Happiness requires effort.
Maybe people shouldn't expect to beat everything in the game with every char they have.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
iamstryker wrote:
My biggest problem with him was that there was a time limit and he just takes a ton of damage and I think regenerates as well. I just couldn't kill him in time.

I really hate time limits, and if the devs insist on having them then I think people should be able to retry these quests until they are completed.

Time is ok with me, I dont like an easy game.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info