Forsaken Masters is Live!

Nice
I have read all the release notes, and it looks very interesting. I am not home, and loading the whole game to a small laptop - can't wait for it to be downloaded.

ps. Thanks for the skill reset
I played for 2 hours last night, met two masters and just could not get enough of it. Good job and my birthday is coming up, supporter pack will be purchased.
After my first day of play of this expansion, I am enjoying the shit out of it.
The Forsaken Masters are a great addition, the quests are interesting yet varied enough as not to get boring or samey. They are also challenging, I lost several times, often times that my build just wasn't built to deal with that particular situation, which caused me to think more deeply about it.

Like the Assassin dude who asked me to kill just the rouge exile, but spare his bodyguards.
As I was using a witch, nuking the entire countryside was more in my skill set.
Besides the occasional bug, I am really enjoying my time with them. Their also quite funny and well written.

Thou I do find it difficult to find different masters. I thought there were 7 of them?
So far I've only see Vagan, Hunter Lady, Scottish Templar, and the Assassin dude.
And mostly the first two. So where are the others?

The Hideouts are also a really cool addition. I don't think I've ever seen a diablo style game with a personal housing system. While I only just got a couple of them towards the end of my play session, I can see myself spending a lot of time pimping them out.

The Strongboxes from whatever league that was are awesome. More loot + more risk, fantastic.
I love how GGG can test out wild ideas in separate leagues, and if they work they are added to the everything else, allowing the game to grow and expand in interesting ways, while letting the bad ideas fade away. All the benefits, without any of the drawbacks.

And lastly the various buffs, new skills and passive tree are all excellent. I am enjoying my Ice Spear crit Witch + Herald of Ice = Murder. I would never have been able to run this build before, because it was too mana intensive for too little damage. But it rocks now.
And there are so many other builds I'd like to try.

Which I think was the idea of the expansion. So great job GGG, keep it coming.
I can't seem to enjoy the Beyond league. If you drop 4 portals within the same screen, you're out of luck. It's impossible to tank the flame surge + unrighteous fire or the hasted chaos degen aura guys, it takes minutes to out-dps the regen auras (that's one of the dumbest ideas I've seen you guys implement... unique-like health and a regen aura? Dafuq?) and carrying those things through the area with you is dumb too.

I expected this to be fun, and it simply isn't. If at least the demons dropped reasonable loot or gave appropriate experience, we'd be talking, but treating them like the usual blue/white mob for those regards is not incentivising, to say the least.

Leveling feels like a complete struggle (don't kill more than 6 mobs in the same area or you better reset the instance), and I can't help but think I'm playing shepherding simulator 2014 in PoE.

I get that the HC challenge leagues are not supposed to be a cake walk, but I just cannot find fun in the content you added. It feels like a vaal fight every time you killed a pack that was 1 mob too big... Without the progression (and loot) associated with vaal, of course.
Last edited by MauranKilom on Aug 21, 2014, 11:43:44 PM
"
MauranKilom wrote:
It feels like a vaal fight every time you killed a pack that was 1 mob too big...

Heh. If that's true, then Vaal is going to be a piece of cake for me, at least once I stop getting dc'd and rolled back all the time.
On the first day of gaming, RNG brought for me: one Flame Hellion of Frost on The Rocky Climb.
lol guess that goes to show how much people like this game. :) well, time to go and update my copy of it and check out the new expansion.
i would like to know= are GGG planing to create an south american server? a responce from an admin would be awsome, thanks
GGG... this game is fantastic. Ty so much!

"
Aux wrote:
Grats on smooth launch

not really. its been unplayable for multiple people due to lag spikes.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info