Reforging a unique item

For some reason when i try to reforge my Thousand Ribbons Simple Robe(a Unique item) it says:"Failed to apply item. Make sure that it's the right type, and that it is not equipped.If item was a skill, make sure it is not in a socket"
I am trying to use the "Jeweller's Orb" to reforge the number of sockets it has.
The number of sockets depends on the itemlevel:
Number of sockets - Minimum item level
2 - 1
3 - 15
4 - 28
5 - 35
6 - 50

To check, type /itemlevel in the chat window while having the item on your mouse pointer.
So it doesn't allow me to reforge the item because i already have the maximum number of sockets in it?
i did check the level and it is 22 which means the number of sockets would be 3 as far as i understand and i do have 3 sockets on it so i would assume that it just prevents me from reforging the item because it already has the maximum amount of sockets on it...

thank you for the information,the message that was given to me confused me as to why it didn't work but now i understand thank you :D
Yes, the game prevents you from wasting orbs when an item has already reached the max number of sockets. Same for links, btw.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info