What's the new +% Health required? (SC)

"
demivion wrote:
You're gonna want 150%+

You will be hard pressed to get to lvl 80 with top tier +500 life gear if you only have 3200 HP.

And applying the 5/8 formula would be good, but 200% is quite low in the current game.

5/8 of 250% pre-patch gives you 156% post patch goal which is pretty much right where you want to be at.

Most of my builds easily reach 160% life, and 170-200% is really not much of a stretch

Yeah I made a couple different builds for things I want to try out and I usually get around 170-185% life without too much effort. The only build where I can't seem to pass 150% before level 85 is when trying crit, especially Bow phys crit builds. It's either I have lowish life (143% currently planned), or I'll have less than 50% crit all the way to level 85, neither of those options make me happy in the pants.
"
Duskbane wrote:
Almost all my builds end up around 90%. I don't see ANY way to go above that with any of my current builds without losing 3 or 4 points to traveling

I agree with this guy, most of my builds on the leaked tree end up with 80-120% increased life. None of my builds have been marauders yet, though.
[img]http://image.prntscr.com/image/2e57fcaba2ea48cc9832fecc55c6d0d6.png[/img]
Not so sure how much life is needed with all the changes to curses/on hit nodes/and flasks(+nodes). Could be that you´re fine with some less life before because you will gain much more life instantly back by just fighting now.
What can never be lent or earned?
Somewhat, that devours everyone and everything:
A tree that rush. A bird that sings. It eat bones and smite the hardest stones.
Masticate every sword. Shatters every shrine. It defeat mighty kings and carry mountains on lightly wings.
What am i?
"
demivion wrote:
You're gonna want 150%+

You will be hard pressed to get to lvl 80 with top tier +500 life gear if you only have 3200 HP.

And applying the 5/8 formula would be good, but 200% is quite low in the current game.

5/8 of 250% pre-patch gives you 156% post patch goal which is pretty much right where you want to be at.

Most of my builds easily reach 160% life, and 170-200% is really not much of a stretch

Yeah my first couple of attempts were with a bow crit build/ranger start and getting any amount of health from that portion of the tree is a headache.

Duelist and Marauder starts are life "rich", so I'm either going to have to travel for it or put up with extremely low HP (or roll a melee)

"
Spysong192 wrote:
Not so sure how much life is needed with all the changes to curses/on hit nodes/and flasks(+nodes). Could be that you´re fine with some less life before because you will gain much more life instantly back by just fighting now.

flasks are nice but not better than having a big-ass life pool.

GGG loves one-shot mechanics and getting one-shot leaves very little time to use a flask.

i can't see that you have enough life in this game ever. well unless of course you have stupidly high DPS, but that ain't never gonna happen for me, because i'll never have a GG weapon.
Not saying otherwise =) Just pointing out that hybrid def/attack builds could work a bit better with a "lower" life pool than before.

HC will be forever be the same stack as much life(def) as you can.
What can never be lent or earned?
Somewhat, that devours everyone and everything:
A tree that rush. A bird that sings. It eat bones and smite the hardest stones.
Masticate every sword. Shatters every shrine. It defeat mighty kings and carry mountains on lightly wings.
What am i?
"
TheGrixxitt wrote:
"
demivion wrote:
You're gonna want 150%+

Yeah my first couple of attempts were with a bow crit build/ranger start and getting any amount of health from that portion of the tree is a headache.

Duelist and Marauder starts are life "rich", so I'm either going to have to travel for it or put up with extremely low HP (or roll a melee)

Actually my ranger got a fair boost.

Spoiler
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgIAm43tgwgu034AXhmOYloknf66fXXEorvj_sin1NwVoaTh2wX5mybPerIZMgHo1gW1jb9RR8qpXWia8QiJlQWm4H8CMpTZxjB8TZIj9o19fyt316Cfb_I51Fb6_MVKfYd2Z6DdDcEzhs4hdluvLOkVIErIPycqTbXybqrYvTWSGNtAoCFgdPF07XrvYEsFLcrTGbTqYvqx3sa-p82YhNluaUd-FFJlTa_rJT-r0tqNvYE=

He has about 180% right now, so hitting 144% isn't that bad. And I also can fill the whole scion-wheel now, although I could do that earlier and take some of the bow-nodes later. But I might switch the Duellist part for the Shadow for better crit and such (interestingly this also helps with life, since the shadow has nice Life-Nodes and 2% Leech vs. Regeneration from Duelist). I'm also uncertain about IR or no IR.

Spoiler
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgIAm43tgwgu034AXhmOYloknf66fXXEorvj_sin1NwVoaTh2wX5mybPerIZMgHo1gW1jb9RR8qpXWia8QiJlQWm4H8CMpTZxjB8TZIj9o19fyt316Cfb_I51Fb6_MVKfYd2Z6DdDcEzhs4hdluvLOkVIErIPycqTbXybqrYvTWSr-slP6vS2o1tbOd0Nj1irJ2qbIy1SB9BBiMWvwMeYeImlVVLIuqxMLUIcaGPT2HrelM=

That would be the Shadow equivalent. I haven't taken that many mana-nodes yet (actually only 2 if I'm not mistaken) since I don't know how much I need them. But I have easy access to mana-nodes so it shouldn't be an issue.

So for standard I don't really see any issues. At lower levels it doesn't matter if you die at some times, because the penalty isn't so high and it shouldn't happen that often and at higher levels when the penalty actually matters you get enough points to travel a few nodes and get more hp.
Last edited by Emphasy on Aug 20, 2014, 2:18:26 PM
you will need more life than before because maximum resitances gets reduced and mpa get mader harder,
I'm a savage, I'm a king
I fought deceivers
I conquered evil

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info