What's the new +% Health required? (SC)

Has anyone that's done the math tell me what I should be for +Health % in builds going forward?
If I remember right it was 160-200% minimum for softcore builds prior to the HP restructure? Is that right?

Sorry, haven't played in a long time. Trying to get a build together but I've no clue what to shoot for in regard to +HP
depends on your build
[img]http://image.prntscr.com/image/2e57fcaba2ea48cc9832fecc55c6d0d6.png[/img]
My guess is you aren't going to want to go below 150 and that that'll be pushing it.
It's easy to do the math. You get about 1000 base life at level 80, without any passives spent. Assuming you get 500 flat hp on your equipment and 200 final strength, +100% would lead to 3200 life. Of course you can get a lot more strength, hp on the tree, Oak's reward etc. I think I'll be ok with +125% on my ranged characters.
"
Soranor wrote:
It's easy to do the math. You get about 1000 base life at level 80, without any passives spent. Assuming you get 500 flat hp on your equipment and 200 final strength, +100% would lead to 3200 life. Of course you can get a lot more strength, hp on the tree, Oak's reward etc. I think I'll be ok with +125% on my ranged characters.

125% is exactly what I came up with myself from the awesomely scientific method of looking at the new HP nodes (5%) and dividing by the old HP nodes (8%) and applying that ratio (5/8) to the old standby of +200% HP.

Or 100% life for 160% which I believe was the absolute minimum for any character.
Not sure who makes this stuff up I'm just regurgitating what I saw on the forum a year ago

:lol:

(Interestingly enough I was able to get old values of 200% + life from the Duelist start, while maintaining pretty good offense. Interesting)

100-160% is pretty acceptable. I accidentally crested 260% in a marauder build playing with the tree actually.

Templar/Shadow/Witch are going to be pushed more toward an ES/HP hybrid than previously, making chaos resist more important.

Ranger is gonna be a little weaker in the HP department than Duelist/Marauder. But that's fine for a ranged class.
IGN - PlutoChthon, Talvathir
It's still possible to get 200% in a decent tree.
I think I have 227% planned, but I always leave it open in case I have to grab more DPS from the tree :-/
Realistically speaking only builds wit ha current +260% or more will be losing any appreciable HP. Won;t even be that appreciable.
IGN - PlutoChthon, Talvathir
Almost all my builds end up around 90%. I don't see ANY way to go above that with any of my current builds without losing 3 or 4 points to traveling
i too fas fo youuuuuuu
You're gonna want 150%+

You will be hard pressed to get to lvl 80 with top tier +500 life gear if you only have 3200 HP.

And applying the 5/8 formula would be good, but 200% is quite low in the current game.

5/8 of 250% pre-patch gives you 156% post patch goal which is pretty much right where you want to be at.

Most of my builds easily reach 160% life, and 170-200% is really not much of a stretch
IGN: OldManBalls (Warbands)
Last edited by demivion on Aug 20, 2014, 12:45:03 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info