Ferguson... Get over it.

This is a touchy subject, however being raised in a city predominately black I am really taken back at how the media depicts any race in the minority, however this is the exception. Ferguson black community feels it is okay to riot, vandalize and use the race card to justify their actions. Here are the facts, Mr. Brown was caught on a video surveillance camera the day of his shooting bullying a clerk.

Whether it was a robbery or what the video makes it seem to be can't be confirmed, but actions speak louder than words. Obviously for the clerk to confront Mr. Brown and his friends they must have done something. So why riot for a thug? Why not riot for the thousands of Haitians, Jamaicans, Africans etc... Whom are killed, murdered, tortured, raped, beaten, molested right here in the USA. It exists right here... in our very door step.

Sad to say the black community is still hell bent on rectifying slavery. You would think by now that's all behind us, but unfortunately it's not.

There are those that still discriminate, who are bigots and who hinder the black community to be prosperous. Now, the media has an opportunity to exploit the black community. The riots do nothing, but delay the process for the acceptance and respect for black people. Unfortunately the bad outweighs the good for black society.

One of my college assignments was to analyze Martin Luther Kings letter while he was in prison. My summery in that essay ended in, "For a man that has beaten his own moral demons his dream for all blacks to be treated fairly is unfortunately a delusion of grandeur."

Unfortunately there is only one way to beat the odds... That involves outsmarting the next. Unless the black community adapts to criticism and racism they will continue to fall behind. Education is a very powerful tool, but executing what you learn can only be taught by thyself, patience. Obama our president is a perfect example that black individuals are not ready or have the mentality to run a country let alone their actions.

"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
I for one feel this entire thing could have been avoided had these two groups (The Police and the Ferguson community) played a good deal more PoE :I
you should stick with unfunny threads lol
Dogs Summoner - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/885199
I mostly agree with the OP, though I don't think Obama should be representative of the ability of black people to lead the country, I am certain that there are plenty of black people who could do a wonderful job at being President. For some reason our country can't seem to drum up good candidates for the job.

I don't understand how the residents of Ferguson don't see that they are doing a lot of damage to their community with this whole thing. Long after the shooting case is settled the area is going to be an economic no-mans-land. I wonder how many of the looted businesses will be able to reopen and new businesses are certainly not going to want to go there. Also, some (most? all?) of the kids there are missing school, and every day they miss (unless the days are made up which I doubt) is another step further they fall behind kids in the rest of the country.

It would make a lot more sense for the community to protest during the day, then go home at night and let the police deal with the rioters and looters however they need to.

And now AG Holder is going there because he needs to "check up" on the law enforcement process. Apparently our President does not have any faith or confidence in his own country's criminal justice system. Great. Now this incident is damaging the entire country.
Now the rumor is that other people not residents created much issues. That of some 100 people arrested only 3 actually live in Ferguson.

http://www.fireandreamitchell.com/2014/08/14/anarcho-communists-bussed-chicago-incite-violence-ferguson/

As with most other incidents around the world, unless you actually live there you have no idea. Even then it may be questionable.
Is it bad that I thought of Alex Ferguson and David Moyes... and, inevitably, Van Gaal and his first game with MAN UTD (AND DEFEAT), and thought this'll be a Manchester United thread?
http://unrealitymag.bcmediagroup.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/gibson2.jpg

Mel Gibson is your daddy... and, you don't really want to know what he does.
Problem with Ferguson is that I don't know what happened, and I have zero faith in ANY media outlet to correctly identify what happened.
It may have been avoided if US cops don't instantly pump gazillion bullets into unarmed suspects. Where do they learn that weird tactic, in Rambo Movies? Especialy against an unarmed suspect it should be enough to shoot him into an leg or arm, that is more than enough imho. There are Taser guns that instant stop for example.
The black guy would be still alive, no riots because of a unneccessary death etc... It could have been 100% avoided if the Cop would have reacted more clever.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info