Viper Strike Nerf or Buff!?

I was designing a viper strike build that specialized in scaling the Chaos damage and DOT

It was all about applying high level viper stacks as quickly as possible.

Now it appears Viper Strike is just another attack based on weapon damage. So once again it's a build that is best with a mirrored dagger. Anyone see something I'm missing?

Are there any attacks left that scale with level? Seems like it makes the game more bland? Thoughts?
IGN - Xukai

Mirror Service - /1046531
I think in general it is a buff because you can scale it with weapon damage, which I am excited, but for people who already build a VS char it will feel like a nerf because they need to completely re-gear and re-gem.

I think its a build enabling change and I love it, but i guess at your expense so sorry for your loss.
Last edited by DaJoe85 on Aug 19, 2014, 4:12:28 PM
Your ultra-fast, low-damage weapon is now worthless with Viper Strike. And if you aren't planning on running a Loath Bane/Acuity crit dagger Shadow with CI, then why are you bothering to play 1.2 at all?
@ Above - Sad but appears true

EDIT: I don't feel like it's at my loss because the weapon was cheap to craft (I got lucky) but more to the game's loss. It was the only attack that didn't depend on high weapon damage but valued other stats. Now it is back to the old loath bane. I wish GGG could see this.
IGN - Xukai

Last edited by trav_dawg on Aug 19, 2014, 5:26:13 PM
well I dunno, it doesn't say phys damage is required for the DoTs (and there's no limit to # of stacks), so you can perhaps make some aura thing work with that fast sword. Likely just going phys+hatred is better however.
"
DaJoe85 wrote:
I think in general it is a buff because you can scale it with weapon damage, which I am excited, but for people who already build a VS char it will feel like a nerf because they need to completely re-gear and re-gem.

I think its a build enabling change and I love it, but i guess at your expense so sorry for your loss.

You don't get to keep any of your old characters or gear when you start a new league anyway.
[img]http://image.prntscr.com/image/2e57fcaba2ea48cc9832fecc55c6d0d6.png[/img]
I don't play the new leagues very often. I like to play with my current characters as I do not want to re-level over and over. I enjoy end-game :)
IGN - Xukai

you could try elemental hit with the buffs to ele dmg.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1158669

Cyclone MARA Beginners and Advanced Guide.
"
Braunar wrote:
well I dunno, it doesn't say phys damage is required for the DoTs (and there's no limit to # of stacks), so you can perhaps make some aura thing work with that fast sword. Likely just going phys+hatred is better however.

Especially because VS itself is going to grant bonus Chaos Damage based on Phys as well. Bahhh.
"
trav_dawg wrote:
Are there any attacks left that scale with level? Seems like it makes the game more bland? Thoughts?

Well, there's Elemental Hit, but aside from that, if you want skills that scale off more than just having a stupid weapon, then you'll be stuck Self-Casting Spells like the rest of us.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info