Can't install the game. Please help

It says:

"Another version of this product is already installed. Installation of this version cannot continue"

How can i reinstall it?

Deleted the files in My Documents/My Games where it had a few. All it remains is the shortcut in Add/Remove and when i try to use it, it asks me for the installation file.

I used CCleaner to try to get rid of the Add/Remove uninstall shortcut, but it's still there. I even scanned for registries and other possible existing files related to the game and deleted everything i found, and i still can't install it.
There are 2 options in CCleaner... one is to run the uninstaller (which might or might not work). The other option is to remove the entry.

Either way, if you still cannot get PoE properly re-installed, then your best solution is to download the PathOfExile.exe and just put it in the folder where you want PoE and then right-click it and "Run as Administrator". That will install PoE to that location.
None worked. Didn't remove the shortcut from Add/Remove and didn't install the game as you said. Same error shows up.

I'm really short on ideas. It's starting to piss me off.

Edit: It seems to install now with that executable you linked me Drakier. Thank you.
Last edited by Fabiuloss on Aug 20, 2014, 8:41:10 AM
Go to regisrty using "regedit" command - search for term Grinding. Clear all registry entries that are related to GrindingGearGames and Path of Exile.

Make a back up of your registry before doing next:

You can remove shortcut from add/remove programs from this registry path. You should search for term "Grinding" here HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall
and delete the entire folder where you will find GrindingGearGames entry as "Publisher" and Path of Exile as "DisplayName".
Sorry for my English, it's not my native language.
Last edited by Ekalindorskii on Aug 20, 2014, 9:04:05 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info