Freezing Pulse question

I do use critical weakness.
but im able to run 2 curses-thats why i asked about frostbite vs elemental weakness(or maybe even projecile weakness)?
but acording to ur words i guess frostbite is better(couse tof he mobs ur mentioned, its better 20% freeze duration instead of 10% penetration).

another question:
is a trail of ground ice always chill enemy when step into it?
For simply freeze purposes i would suggest ice spear over freezing pulse.
with a crit build you have 100% crit chance with ice spears second form, and its dmg will get buffed by up to 87% on lvl 20, so it will be the freezing skill number one.
Last edited by Hulio225 on Aug 20, 2014, 4:39:14 AM
ice spear would do much less dps at close range(also the crit chance will be low), and when far away, not all the projectiles will hit as the freezing pulse.

also the dps of freezing pulse seems to be much higher at close than ice spear at far(shotgun effect+faster proj), therefor more freeze time through FP
at close range your single target dps is better with FP yes.
but at far range ice spear will win, cause it gets 600% increased crit chance in second form, what means 6 times 7% base crit chance. in addition you are really at range, which is safer for you and the base dmg per hit is higher and you crit alot more often than with FP, resulting in a freeze lock. if your crit chance is low freezing pulse will barly freeze compared to ice spear. range of ice spear is so high that you freeze lock stuff offscreen and shatter them before you even see them xD.
it really depends on the situation and what you want to achieve or to do with this spells...
FP is just effective at melee range.
Last edited by Hulio225 on Aug 20, 2014, 5:37:59 AM
well my crit chance is prety high.
nevertheless at close range all projectiles will hit-so some of them will surly crit.
thats better than 1 or 2 projectiles will surly crit at far range(couse u cant shut gone all projectiles at 1 single far target, even 2 proj is near to imposible,and thats comparad to 5 that surely will), and again-with the dps(freeze duration) fp would win.
also fp with 20 quality is also gr8 for mid range(not only close).
im actualy prety tanky, and facing bosses at close range, and thats when i want to freeze them, so for me the choise is FP.

the questions are which second curse to use?
and how the ice trail is working...
Last edited by Dark_Elf333 on Aug 20, 2014, 6:09:28 AM
"
Dark_Elf333 wrote:
well my crit chance is prety high.
nevertheless at close range all projectiles will hit-so some of them will surly crit.

the questions are which second curse to use?
and how the ice trail is working...

Either all Projectile crit or none, thats how gmp with FP works.
Sure FP is a nice spell, as i said depends what you want to do...
Curse wise Ele Weakness with quality is a bit better imho, with high crit chance and high dmg and high APS wou will freeze stuff constantly regardless of the benefits of frostbite.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info