Freezing Pulse question

hey, i wonder how freezing pulse+gmp mechanics is working.
any info will be much appreciated.

suppose i do a critical strike with freezing pulse(without gmp) at close range and dealing X cold damage on some boss which is lets say-enough exactly for a minnimal freezing time(300 ms?)

now what would hapened if i do the same with GMP and all my projectiles would hit?
my total damage will go higher, but would i freeze the enemy for more time? or i wont freeze him at all?

another question:
what if i use Arcit Breach+Freezing Pulse and would crit with both at the same target in the same time(using coc)? would i freeze 2 times(lets sat 300ms+300ms for a total of 600ms freezing)? or i will freeze for 300ms and thats that?

also is chilled works the same?
thx for ur help guys.
Last edited by Dark_Elf333 on Aug 19, 2014, 1:57:55 PM
In both cases, because they are hitting exact same moments, then it is only 300ms.
Durations do not stack, damage isnt summed together, different hits happening at same time are still different hits.
thx for your replay.

if understand u correctly that means with GMP i won't freeze at all in that case right?
(assuming FP with minimals dps will go below the minimum after GMP's drop).

so in other words coc build can't get a decent freeze(to freeze a strong boss)?

whats with chilled? is a trail of ground ice always chill enemy when step into?

another question:
which curse should i use in order to boost my freezing time?
Elemental weaknes vs Frostbite(both at 20/20)?

Elemental Weakness grants 10% more penetration for cold(49%+10%)
while Frostbite giving only 49% but increases also the frozen time buy 20%

for chilled i guess EW better, but for freeze? 10% penetration vs 20% increas freeze duration?
Last edited by Dark_Elf333 on Aug 20, 2014, 1:45:19 AM
if you coc well enough, OR if you just outright cast fast enough (people with 3 dragons and incinerate), both reaching even a threshold freeze duration will "stunlock" a boss.

the special case is with the notable that states that foes are chilled when freeze duration ends. basically, max of freeze duration + chill duration based off same hit's damage. technically the foe is chilled WHILE frozen, but its re-chilled for same chill amount.
thx for your answers man.

whats with chilled? is a trail of ground ice always chill enemy when step into?

another question:
which curse should i use in order to boost my freezing time?
Elemental weaknes vs Frostbite(both at 20/20)?

Elemental Weakness grants 10% more penetration for cold(49%+10%)
while Frostbite giving only 49% but increases also the frozen time buy 20%

for chilled i guess EW better, but for freeze? 10% penetration vs 20% increas freeze duration?
Critical Weakness and Cold Penetration Gem for Freezes...
More Crits = more freezes, higher crits = longer freezes
"
Hulio225 wrote:

yeah... if you want to fight motionless monsters. i suggest doing shock-stacks if you want to help party dps though. that way you have a challenge of moving monsters while helping out the parties dps. may as well not break the game, right?
"
PandaBears wrote:

yeah... if you want to fight motionless monsters. i suggest doing shock-stacks if you want to help party dps though. that way you have a challenge of moving monsters while helping out the parties dps. may as well not break the game, right?

first off, tomorrow there arent shock stacks anymore.
secondly under normal cirrcumstances somebody else is doing enough lightning dmg to shock targets. and the OP asked for best solution in terms of curses for freezes etc. i guess critical weakness and cold pene sup gem wins against frostbite or ele weakness
Last edited by Hulio225 on Aug 20, 2014, 2:15:29 AM
"

are u sure it is better than Frsotbit+penetration gem?
as long as i think about it, i think frostbite will be better(espesialy id ill take some increase freeze duration nodes).

"

yea sure, also higher damage per hit is longer the freeze.
but there is no isue here :)

"

well my goal is to freeze atziry :)
not sure if its possible, but i wana reach high as much as possible(which is not to much with a bowed ranger i guess).

for clearing mob maps is prety easy to freeze for me(even on 78 hard ones)

i thought about shocking then freezing, but also here-not sure if ill boost my freeze/chill time.
with what u sugest me to shock? arc? L.A?
Last edited by Dark_Elf333 on Aug 20, 2014, 2:19:54 AM
Atziri is not freezable as i know.
My intent was to produce more freezes with critical weakness.
Monsters with over the top cold resistance -> Frostbite does literally nothing they still have 75% resistance... so critical weakness + penetraion gem wins by far.
in other cases frostbite COULD be better in terms of overall dmg. but you would still frezze more often with critical weakness, and with spellecho and a lot of APS crit chance is the key

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info