Boss loot drops. Use 3 TPs to sell its loot. Fun? Intended?

Don't pick up blue items at all unless you're considering using it. The only exceptions would be belts and jewelry, since their value per inventory square is reasonable.
"
OatmealOgre wrote:
Yea, you should stop picking up blue items quite early IMO, unless it's something particular you need in which case you may not get that many anyway.

Having to go back to town after a boss/unique mob/rare mob more than once is rare enough for it to not bother me much.

And if you have high rarity playing end game content and getting lots of rare items you may even consider picking up items ID-ing them and dropping again if bad or even skipping them entirely if the base item isn't interesting to you.

"
Don't pick up blue items at all unless you're considering using it. The only exceptions would be belts and jewelry, since their value per inventory square is reasonable.

I think you two touched on a good point. Learning conversion rates of all materials and items would be helpful. That way I know what blues to pick up instead of picking everything up. I'll start doing this.
Last night I decided to stop picking up blues. I cleared 100% of The Imperial Gardens and The Hedge Maze without using one portal. I had picked up only a few rares and flasks and still had quite a bit of inventory space remaining. The game felt a lot more fluid playing this way and was tons more fun. Problem solved. Thanks!
Last edited by Lenox2288 on Aug 20, 2014, 11:06:45 AM
"
Xogroroth wrote:
I meant, just doubling, not having to pay for it.
And even then, TP's are easy to get, and the loot that drops, well, it's worthless, 99.9%...
What does white gear give?
1 paper thingy.
You need 5 to make an ID scroll, 3 scrolls to make a TP scroll.

Orbs of Transmutation sell 4:1 in Scrolls of Wisdom, and selling an unidentified item always yields 2 Transmuation shards.

So it's better to take magic (blue) items and sell them for Transmutations, then sell the Transmutations for Wisdoms. No need for white items unless they're high level and you plan to sell them to someone who will craft them or craft it yourself.

"
Lenox2288 wrote:
Didn't know a portal gem existed. Cool. And that's good that there are other options at high level. Just seemed like odd game design to go back and forth to town for one boss's worth of blue loot.

How is it strange?

In D&D, there was almost always more loot than you could bring back. Smart players brought caravans or sherpas with them, or used magic items to store more content to save effort.

Diablo II was the first real ARPG where loot was minimized and the quality of the drops was the focus of the game.

Path of Exile brings back that element that was missing, and that's the quantity of the loot.

"
Lenox2288 wrote:
And it's not about the portal cost, it's about the annoyance/time factor. There's no way to fix this for me other than ignoring the loot, or making the loot table match the inventory size per player in the group.

Then ignore it.

There's something called "investment", where you invest time and effort to get returns that you want.

If you don't like farming bosses, farm everything but bosses and just go to town once you have an inventory full of magical items. Farming Catacombs is a good way to get magical items while getting experience up until level 80. After 80, it's very hard and slow to get experience that is best found in maps.

"
Lenox2288 wrote:
I love 90-95% of the game, except for this, so I'm not going to go play another game. And you're not going to convince me to not be annoyed by it.

I'm not trying to change your feelings?

I'm trying to change your thought-process so that you can enjoy this game more. Be it in the same methods or different methods.

The only difference between farming Piety/Dominus for Mjolner and chancing/scouring a gavel is where and what I farm. Killing Piety/Dominus yields much less experience and slightly better loot, but farming Catacombs yields experience and some loot, but either way I'm trying to get Mjolner and the chances are the same.

At least with Catacombs I feel like I'm getting somewhere and I don't feel like a machine running through a map. That's why I don't farm bosses, at least not in PoE.

"
OatmealOgre wrote:
Yea, you should stop picking up blue items quite early IMO, unless it's something particular you need in which case you may not get that many anyway.

ALWAYS pick up all non-white items. Even if you vendor them unidentified, you get worthwhile returns.

As I mentioned earlier, blue unIDed items can be turned into Transmutations and then Wisdoms from those.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info