Locked account

hey guys, why do I need almost every time when I login to insert access code to unlock my account? I always play at my home and it bothers me around because I always need to open my email and type new code given to me :(
does anybody else experienced this?
sorry for my awful english
This happens most likely because you have a Dynamic IP address. You also likely shut off your network at night and restart it in the morning right? Power down the router or modem? This makes it more likely you will get a new IP address as IP addresses are assigned when requested, and unless you have paid for a Static IP, you just get assigned a random one every time the network connects.

IP Addresses are "Virtual" addresses, IE: they aren't tied to a physical location like your house is. It's pretty hard to pick up and move most houses, but IP addresses move around constantly. Because of this, their "geolocation" can only be accurate to a certain degree, and if you have an ISP that serves multiple cities in your area, then there is a higher chance of getting an IP that was "Assigned" to a different city.

You can see this information for yourself by going to a site like: http://geoiptool.com/ and looking at the information there. Write it down now, then the next time you get an "unlock code" request, go back to that site and look at it again. I guarantee your IP will have changed, and likely so will have the "City" field at minimum.

This is the same style of database that GGG uses for their security to make sure you are who you say you are. It stores the last accessed/validated location. If your location no longer matches what they had stored, they need you to validate the new location to protect your account. It's pretty strict right now, but there has been talks of them making it much more configurable. Until then however, you basically just need to understand the system and just keep validating new locations. I also recommend NOT restarting your network daily if you can avoid it as that can cut down on the changes in IP address.

Good luck and let us know if you have any more questions about this.
yes yes, everything you said about router and restarting is correct, I understand now the whole thing, thank you so much for your quick and elaborate response! cheers!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info