Arachnophobia / No-Spider option

LOL
I have a friend with arachnophobia, and he knows that he shouldn't be afraid, and says that there is nothing to be afraid of... yet his brain goes off and makes him panic every time he sees a spider.

It's not something you can easily get rid of by just saying "Oh there's nothing to be afraid of!", it's something your brain just decides and can be very problematic to get rid of.
(at least for some people)
I have no idea how to breathe.
It is just a game.

No real spiders involved whatsoever.

Get over it.
"
Perq wrote:
"
Toshis8 wrote:
[Removed by Support]

[Removed by Support]
Why don't you go and tell meth addicts to "man up and stop takin drugs, lol".
You think antagonizing him because of his condition will help anyone? Well, maybe you felt better about yourself.

If GGG ever makes such an option - only the better. If they don't - well, too bad.
More people will get to play the game, press will write about Good Guy GGG (GGGGG, for short o_o) and game will get more attention.

[Removed by Support]

You do go and tell meth addicts to man up and stop taking drugs. They chose to be weak minded and got hooked on something they knew full well was massively addictive.

I'm sure your probably going to propose instead of hassling the meth addicts we should provide them with free meth in the shops so they don't have any issues scoring.

[Removed by Support]
Last edited by Kieren_GGG on Aug 20, 2014, 9:13:23 AM
This suggestion made me laugh. :)

There is hardly a arpg type of game without any spiders in it and what about other phobias then? Dont like the spiders (theyre not real so the suggestion makes even less sense) then dont play a game that has them.
"
Perq wrote:

Why don't you go and tell meth addicts to "man up and stop takin drugs, lol".
You think antagonizing him because of his condition will help anyone? Well, maybe you felt better about yourself.

If GGG ever makes such an option - only the better. If they don't - well, too bad.
More people will get to play the game, press will write about Good Guy GGG (GGGGG, for short o_o) and game will get more attention.

Firstly,

As i said before: "GGG might spend x amount of time to please like 10 or so people who have arachnophobia. But by doing this GGG would remove x amount of time working on content which pleases tens of thousands of players". Its up to GGG if they want to waste recources and time on this meaningless matter.

Secondly,

I have never ever seen press writting about how game treats arachnophobia or other phobias. No one cares.

EDIT:

Also, as said before: "To all people who are afraid of spiders, I will gladly accept your "spider lair" and "arachnid nest" map donations". If you are trully afraid of doing it, i will accept those maps. Guess there is no big problem, because so far no one offered their maps.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke
Last edited by Toshis8 on Aug 20, 2014, 8:45:36 AM
This is interesting. I don't have any phobia and don't know how common arachnophobia is, so I can't tell whether this is valid or not.

No one is appearing to take this seriously (which I also get), but one has to remember that a phobia of something isn't the ordinary fear or creepy feeling you may get from typically creepy things (like the spiders in this case).

For GGG to take action I think you'd need to prove to them that there are many people in their user base suffering from arachnophobia.

A bit off the subject. Phobias are treatable. Such as interacting with whatever the phobia is of gradually more and more in a very harmless state.
I would not consider PoE to be that harmless state as the spiders fly at you and seem rather harmful.
You could perhaps seek someone to help you.
I would recommend Youtube videos of spiders if it weren't for all of them having soundtracks that make the situation worse or footage of spiders attacking/eating prey.
"
pengant wrote:
They chose to be weak minded and got hooked on something they knew full well was massively addictive.

I'm sure your probably going to propose instead of hassling the meth addicts we should provide them with free meth in the shops so they don't have any issues scoring.

[Removed by Support]

[Removed by Support] one of the (big) problems for people with such conditions are people who give them some stupid hints like "get over it!". It doesn't help. You think these people want to have panics attacks? They didn't CHOSE to get these conditions. [Removed by Support]

If someone gets an heart attack, you tell them to "walk it off" and "man up"? Is it so hard to comprehend that some conditions lie in the brain, and can not be controlled by given person? (and are far from being pleasant?)

I'm not saying "OMFG GGG GO GEDIT" cause someone pointed it out. This might be costly, and OP could be just better off picking some other game. I'm just saying that bashing and making fun of people with these conditions is not a way to go.

[Removed by Support]

"
Firstly,

As i said before: "GGG might spend x amount of time to please like 10 or so people who have arachnophobia. But by doing this GGG would remove x amount of time working on content which pleases tens of thousands of players". Its up to GGG if they want to waste recources and time on this meaningless matter.

Read the post you are quoting, and you will read exactly that.

"
Secondly,

I have never ever seen press writting about how game treats arachnophobia or other phobias. No one cares.

Colorblind-mode. Your argument is invalid.

"
EDIT:

Also, as said before: "To all people who are afraid of spiders, I will gladly accept your "spider lair" and "arachnid nest" map donations". If you are trully afraid of doing it, i will accept those maps. Guess there is no big problem, because so far no one offered their maps.

You are one, witty, funny fellow, you know? :)
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Last edited by Kieren_GGG on Aug 20, 2014, 9:47:11 AM
[Removed by Support]

Colorblind mode? Have you got any idea of what are you talking? at all? Colorblindness is not a phobia.

[Removed by Support]
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke
Last edited by Kieren_GGG on Aug 20, 2014, 9:47:56 AM
"
Toshis8 wrote:
[Removed by Support]
Colorblind mode? Have you got any idea of what are you talking? at all? Colorblindness is not a phobia.

[Removed by Support]

[Removed by Support] And sure as heck I was talking only about phobias, and not options for people with disabilities. I think I'll finish here :)
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Last edited by Kieren_GGG on Aug 20, 2014, 9:48:47 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info