[1.2.0 HC] Dual Shockwave Totem / EK Trap Witch

Is anyone have mana sustain problems? I'm running clarity (stopped leveling it at level 10, if i go past this the auras use up too much of my mana), Herald of Ice and Herald of Fire, because im already a tankbeast i didnt need a defensive aura, and the herald gems have low cost. Im using reduced mana ofc, and followed your tree to the letter. I'm also using very high end gear with decent mana adds on a couple items, although my mana regen/second is only 66.7, my mana pool is 950.. Currently doing 10k dps, my totem costs 180 mana per cast and ive only got 403 mana left after auras, so all i can do is throw two totems and vulnerability once and im out of mana

Im currently level 80, and the only nodes im missing on your tree are life% nodes. I still have 4.5k life so i wasnt worried about it and rushed iron reflexes for carcass jack, I have all mana/mana regen nodes possible that you have on your tree

Ended up taking the 40% mana regen node at the start and a 10% mana node, fixed the problem
Last edited by BajaBlazin on Sep 5, 2014, 11:22:52 PM
"
BajaBlazin wrote:
Is anyone have mana sustain problems? I'm running clarity (stopped leveling it at level 10, if i go past this the auras use up too much of my mana), Herald of Ice and Herald of Fire, because im already a tankbeast i didnt need a defensive aura, and the herald gems have low cost. Im using reduced mana ofc, and followed your tree to the letter. I'm also using very high end gear with decent mana adds on a couple items, although my mana regen/second is only 66.7, my mana pool is 950.. Currently doing 10k dps, my totem costs 180 mana per cast and ive only got 403 mana left after auras, so all i can do is throw two totems and vulnerability once and im out of mana

Im currently level 80, and the only nodes im missing on your tree are life% nodes. I still have 4.5k life so i wasnt worried about it and rushed iron reflexes for carcass jack, I have all mana/mana regen nodes possible that you have on your tree

That's the problem when following a pure theorycraft: Looks nice on paper but may show up some serious holes in late game.
Aside from that: use mana flasks?
Maybe replace IR with Eldritch Battery?
I do use mana flasks :P

I also dropped a couple life nodes, barbarism and the two life nodes attached, picked up the 40% mana regen at the start, and a 10% mana node near start and 8% mana node above deep thoughts, in three levels ill pick the life back up.. Im still at 4.1k life and max res/5k armor without flasks

The added fire damage gives your totems a chance to ignite, and whilst mapping just now I found these boots, the damage difference is EXTREMELY noticeable.. its nuts. im at 11.5k dps before theyre ignited, so an extra 1.7k dps per totem against ignited enemies.. Cuts through waves like butter on 70-75 maps, haven't tried higher yet. But the extra 3.4k dps with both totems out.. its insane, lost life switching boots, and some IIR and cold resists, but my cold res was too high already and i needed more fire res. These boots also allowed me to drop barbarism without losing fire res.

Rarity: Unique
Gang's Momentum
Legion Boots
--------
Quality: +20% (augmented)
Armour: 268 (augmented)
Energy Shield: 79 (augmented)
--------
Requirements:
Level: 65
Str: 142
Int: 142
--------
Sockets: R-R-B-R
--------
Itemlevel: 71
--------
174% increased Armour and Energy Shield
+54% to Fire Resistance
25% increased Movement Speed
7% chance to Ignite
15% increased Damage against Ignited enemies
--------
Become one with the unstoppable flame.
Last edited by BajaBlazin on Aug 30, 2014, 3:10:42 PM
Last edited by uzi777 on Aug 30, 2014, 5:58:18 PM
Good choice not going into shadow area for physical damage, most SWT build went that direction and is pretty boring
Can we get some screenshots of tooltip dps?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info