Which four Masters will be your roomies?

While you can use all workbenches in your hideout, only four Masters can be your roommates for daily quests and easy shopping access. Which will be yours?

If I "main" a bow ranger in the next league, my four Masters will be these:

Zana: I enjoy mapping, so having her around will be handy, and I'd like to get her reputation up quickly. She's also delicious.

Tora: She's the Master that will sell and modify bows, so she's quite useful for my character and I'll want to increase her reputation as soon as possible. Plus, she provides the hideout that I find the most appealing.

Elreon: This is the jewelry guy, and since rings and amulets are fairly crucial and traditionally harder to come by (for me anyway), I think I'll have him live in with me so I can do his daily quests.

The fourth one I'm undecided on:

Haku: The Armorer, which I'd generally like to have around, and might, but his slot is contested by ...

Vorici: Socketing and linking items has always been my #1 source of frustration in PoE, so I feel I should invite him and get his reputation up quickly so that I gain access to his higher level services by the time I need them. I think I favor him over Haku.

What about you? The seven Masters are listed here: http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Category:Forsaken_Masters_NPCs Details for most can be found in the Announcement forum section.

I am still pretty confused by the mechanics of this even after reading Chris' responses in that reddit thread. And a little frustrated by the seemingly arbitrary limit of four per hideout. Also not a fan at all of a "penalty" of some sort for removing one for another. Is that really necessary?

Not sure yet whether I will start with my tornado shot build or incinerator build first, so it is causing some angst on which I shall pick and why. Necessity or aesthetics. Since I don't compete both are of equal value to me (well close enough anyways to produce indecision.)

As for Zana, since it appears she does not appear until endgame maps, you will have some time to level another until then. But she will be in mine at that point.

Tora for sure if I go bow first. But may just pick her anyways, I like her style.

Vorici for sure. Cool as hell and alleviates one of my biggest turnoffs of the game.

I really like Catarina but will likely not use her until late game so will wait on her.

Ugh, The more I think about it the less sure I am actually...

E: Also glad to see you back in the game, Mivo.
Last edited by WraeclastianWine on Aug 19, 2014, 12:15:28 AM
Of the seven masters, I feel one master will be nigh mandatory:

Spoiler
Zana. Zana is the easy street to end game accessibility, without her you may have a difficult time leveling your characters and gaining reputation fast enough to complete all 8 challenges in the leagues.

The six masters remaining, there are three pairs which are interchangeable and depend on a person's preference and build:

Spoiler
Haku and Catarina for your armor and ES needs - the 'mitigation pair'. Tora and Vagan will be the 'weapons pair', leaving Elreon and Vorici as the 'utility pair'. Of the utility masters, I think most people will, at least, start with Elreon and during the late game swap out to Vorici.

You're rather stuck with one weapon master, unless your build requires you to swap out weapon sets.

There may be builds that want both Haku and Catarina, so those builds will either sac a weapon's master or a utility master. Again, Zana is too useful to discount, especially for the challenge leagues.

I have three builds in mind that I'm interested in trying, but haven't committed to yet because we haven't received patch notes; however, more than likely I'm looking to have:

Zana
Haku
Elreon
Tora

As I feel most confident in running a CoC gmp bow build at start. :)
so i dont get it lets say i take 4 masters in my hideout and lets say i didnt take armorer i can still use hes workbench but i wont have hes daily quests okay...but what the reputation gives? new choices for workbench or something?
"
Gopstop22 wrote:
so i dont get it lets say i take 4 masters in my hideout and lets say i didnt take armorer i can still use hes workbench but i wont have hes daily quests okay...but what the reputation gives? new choices for workbench or something?

I wish I had the sauce for you, but I can't think of where I found the following information - take it as speculation if you wish:

I'm pretty sure gaining reputation levels gives you access to more decorations for your hideout in addition to new shop item possibilities and crafting affixes. I think the source was datamined and displayed a table for each level of reputation what you can expect - in general - from each master.

However, I don't recall it being the case that you could always use the craft benches of all masters, regardless of swapping them for others - but that does seem possible. If you have the source please link it.

If I come across the table I mentioned, I'll provide the source.
hmm okay thnx ;p
I'll be going bow first, so:

Tora
Vorici
Haku (does he also do evasion gear?)
Elreon/Zana (Zana once I find her, Elreon before that)
"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it's what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." - Mewtwo
Map girl
Socket guy
Weapon guy
Armor guy
"
lavaKudzu wrote:
However, I don't recall it being the case that you could always use the craft benches of all masters, regardless of swapping them for others - but that does seem possible. If you have the source please link it.

Chris confirmed it here: http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/2cdaw6/am_i_getting_this_correct_about_masters_and/
"
lavaKudzu wrote:
"
Gopstop22 wrote:

I wish I had the sauce for you, but I can't think of where I found the following information - take it as speculation if you wish:

I'm pretty sure gaining reputation levels gives you access to more decorations for your hideout in addition to new shop item possibilities and crafting affixes. I think the source was datamined and displayed a table for each level of reputation what you can expect - in general - from each master.

If I come across the table I mentioned, I'll provide the source.

The source for the crafting bench use is in the OP, very first link, halfway through.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info