[1.2] Generic Dual Swords Build

The new tree features some sick new nodes for dual wielding and for swords, so it stands to reason a build or two should be stamped out for that.

I also feel that GGG wanted to make accuracy and crit using builds more viable and chose swords for that medium. The natural choice, given their inherent abilities.

So with a bit of tinkering I suggest this:

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgQAZU0UUkd-vYGZK4TZpBkb-iXfeA2-igHcMglybGxGqW7-Cti9NZK18jGepldN4_6POuHyRZuDU99Y2wUtYEt673TthO9Xlxcdmy0R1WBBvqfAD9JNNJNjcO_jtkEppU4qW6867W20Ne-BQcGLGNvT_FywCVjbp5AK3Q1KfYd2Z6D8xVb6o4ruDpVmBLFMYButA4fTfnBy7YMZjgBem40ILv66fXViWiSdjX0j9k2S5w8G7ty9MbDL9dRSMHwCEZdwo-dE0gMnBiBYdXSgd9cX3Aai

390% Increased Damage
115% Increased Attack speed
159% Increased Life
29% Increased Block on Dual Wield

Solid amounts of life regen, accuracy, armor, base stats, and some movespeed and crit. Built to be a balanced melee guy, probably with a Bringer of Rain.

What other swords builds you guys got? Theres too much potential in those bottom right nodes to waste.

You want a crit build but have low crit chance. Drop all those points with extra sword dmg, and focus on crit chance nods instead. If you are going crit you will need around 500-600 crit chance from tree.
Its not a crit build. Theres more to builds than crit or RT. DPS is a series of multipliers - increased damage, attack speed, accuracy, crit chance, crit multiplier, and any more multipliers. And as one of those multipliers becomes larger increasing the others become respectively more valuable.

Consider:

You can add 20% damage or 20% attack speed. Which gives more dps? The first time, they're equal. Then you get the chance to do it again. If you picked one option twice, your dps would be 1.4 x 1 = 140% of its original. Pick each option once, and you get 1.2 x 1.2 = 1.44 = 144% of your original dps.

The same is true of the other multipliers, including critical chance and multiplier. As the characters base damage rises, so too does the value of a crit node. Daggers made crit heavy builds because dagger crit nodes often also accompanied a damage boost. Furthermore, their high base crit chance makes crit more valuable. Swords have a lower base crit chance and therefore a lower crit value, but a higher base damage still makes it worthwhile to get some crit.

Perfectly balancing the dps would be impossible without knowing what mods the character will get from items, but its likely its high base damage, high crit value, and the easy accessibility of those nodes will be a good investment.
Edit: sorry, but i've changed my mind about following this talent tree :( It works nicely as far as i've tested it (up to level 30), but i remembered that i've got a WoE waiting in Standard, so i decided to follow a WoE/BoR build instead since i already have a half of the gear for it. Hopefully someone else will be able to provide more feedback, good luck!
Last edited by Tom7i on Aug 23, 2014, 11:50:59 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info