Reduce Ground Slam Effect.

In its current state the ground slam has too many effects going on (in my opinion). Let's compare it with similar skills.

Current Ground Slam Effect
>Spreads "dirt" all over the target area
>Releases spikes coming from the dirt.
>Releases extra dirt particles which come up then fall down.
>Releases a dust cloud.
>Orange "power" wave coming out of it.

Old Ground Slam Effect
>Orange power wave
>Different dust effect
>Ground crack effect (which had some technical problems)

Reave
>Wave effect around player
>Rainbow wave effect in target area

Cleave
>Wave effect (which doesn't scale with target area unfortunately)

Leap Slam
>Wave effect upon landing
>Small Ground breaking effect near land location

Compared to the old ground slam and other skills, the new ground slam just has way too much going on, and it shows. Fire up the game and see for yourself that it is hard to see what is going on on the screen. The reality is that at high attack speeds (which is always with multistrike), these effects are always being shown and make it hard to see what you are actually attacking. Even compared to glacial cascade which is similar and also covers it's target area completely, I feel that ground slam just clogs up the screen too much.

There may likely be some addition Ground Slam MTX in production, so the suggestions I'm making hopefully can be applied without changing the core effect:
> Remove dirt particles that come up and fall down. (Its Ground Slam...that comes from the ground. We know, no need for extra dirt).
> Reduce the dirt area for each spike, or make the spikes less dense.
> Please reduce the height of the spikes, the tall spikes cover the mobs.
> Make the dust cloud more translucent, so we can see the mobs in front of the cone (which the dust normally covers).

I personally would be happy with just an orange power effect, because much of the "oomph" of the skills comes from seeing mobs get stunned already (like the old effect).

I hope these suggestions get on the schedule sometime!

IGN: Ttngi
Bump. I just want to reiterate that this is not about game performance, it is about being able to see what you are hitting.

Also an option to turn off extra gore would be great!
IGN: Ttngi
I love the way it is now, HUGE step up from the old ground slam effect. It actually feels more like it should to me anyway. Please don't change it.
Guild Leader - LÉGÄCY

POE is happy good luck fun time for great imperialistic leaders!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info