v1.2 - Physical Bowrauder [Tornado, RoA, we'll see]

Hey guys. First off excuse my english, as it is not my mother language :). I need some of your light thrown upon this theorycraft; I'm new in the matter and your help would be much appreciated since I've been wanting to theorycraft a tanky, yet slightly evasive, ranged Marauder since open beta. I think the new overhaul to the tree helps this purpose a lot, since the main issue was the bow damage, and with this setup I think, you can reach to decent damage.

Offline tree: http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAxthYYz38jM_2SF8_wQTjn3y4VbUnL_Gsns3vDiku0iGnMLyfGj5XDQHnFCCRzjboUEe77VivOlIYkfcyeA2GYDJ-cqmpbpe0YVKsqnzZtfJVqay6704n7TWSQKCi6vxL_o_YvSFgBS0S4WwWTeP-CnTxYEuHGaZX8kUshRjbeu864VoaW6907d0NLOn8xdqNVvpnoKvSqvjuDnfXh3YlP6ii73qjin8rSn3B2NN-I_b5Y9aKTZKNfb3mGf4-zxsBUUf-yJUF2cYIiTKUmvF_Al1opuDKqQ==

poebuilder.com: https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgEAPfxYY8bY9kiMz18_7w4nL-OfvJ8pLvGsfLgaPqcwns1VtcEEkc5XDdIhfNlyqfcyu-2HGWwW_Esn7ayqNugB5zJ-OlKpbngNWK_YvTWStfI64fJF_gpN4_6PplfvTmFShmBVqZe0rLoS4aLqBS1AoHTteu9gS3TxIWBaGiyFGNvdDVuvSn2Hdmeg_MUlP6vS2o0s6daKfyt311b67g5NkiP2o4qNfb3m-WP-yBsBGf7Tfu96wdiooqr4Ps9RR6bgfwIylNnGlQXKqV1omvEIiRiRUEcUIA==

No idea for the skills part, maybe RoA/Frenzy, maybe check the new bow skills, not sure yet.

Anyway, thanks a lot in advance. Stay safe!

Edit: By the way this is built having Beyond league (HC) in mind.
IGN: INativityInBlackI/Unchainedd
Last edited by GypsyBlws on Aug 20, 2014, 3:25:49 PM
Maybe spec into point blank and use a chin sol for damage boost, then use barrage with life gain on hit and GMP for tons of leech? You could also spec into the pierce cluster, use a pierce gem and use a drillnick to make it even stronger and usable on bigger mobs.

Barrage > Faster Attacks > Pierce > GMP > LGoH? Add a blind to that and you have a pretty safe and tanky main skill. Could even use a bringer of rain for it.
"
PigeonSmasher wrote:
Maybe spec into point blank and use a chin sol for damage boost, then use barrage with life gain on hit and GMP for tons of leech? You could also spec into the pierce cluster, use a pierce gem and use a drillnick to make it even stronger and usable on bigger mobs.

Barrage > Faster Attacks > Pierce > GMP > LGoH? Add a blind to that and you have a pretty safe and tanky main skill. Could even use a bringer of rain for it.

I liked that BoR possibility, especially with that 25% block chance quiver... would be insane defense against attacks. Add a Lazhwar and Acrobatics, not sure about that mutant craft but wouldn't be a wast to consider it. Although I'm not sure about not having a chest piece, never used that helm on a ranged class, like I'd be losing lots of defense...

I read about Chin Sol getting a significant buff, immediately went to the skill planner to make a a point blank, ice or tornado shot with it, and I got this so far [offline planner]: http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAxthYYz38jM_2SF8_wQTjn3y4VbUnL_Gsns3vDiku0iGnMLyfGj5XDQHnFCCRzjboUEe77VivOlIYkfcyeA0yfnKpqW6sqnzZtfIn7W6qNZL8S0rI_o_YvWwWPydN4_4KhxkqTaZX8kUVIH1bOuEi4izprEdH4t0N2o3QgVuv_MWr0qQ5TipW-megJT8ppRR1qvjuDnfXh3aooqOKfytKfcHYI_b5Y9aKTZKNfb3mGf4-zxsBUUf-yJUFp9TZxgiJ3BUylJrxxKJ_Al1opuDKqaTC

Thanks
Hello again. So I expanded on my suggestion and made a skill tree

https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgEAjM89_FhjxthfP_ZIJy_jn7yf7w7BBBRxpzD463zZcqn3MuoYhxlsFvxLJ-2sqjJ-OlIOPFb6FHWkwjB8TZIj9o19BbWNv1FHwuy1SG1sNj1sjJ2qYqwfQQYjFr8DHlHZsJL_kzIJcmxsRqlueA1Yrzbo2L01krXy_gqmV03j_o864fJFQzZ59ipbUuxKfYd2Z6D8xRiRUEcUIGHiJpVVS7TFlQXKqV1omvEIiSmlTipbr38CMpTZxqbgVbWezaOK7g5uqipNPydKyCzp3Q0VICU_q9LajQ==

It goes for attack speed to get the most out of blind and LGoH. I would be tempted to use a thief's torment ring with this to help with the life gain and mana costs.

With a maxed out LGoH gem and Thief's you'd be getting 84 life per hit, 8 shots per attack, and roughly 3 attacks per second = 2016 life per second. Not including any Life leech. Just a level 20 LGoH would get you ~1000 life. And this would be 100% piercing so then you're hitting multiple targets too.

So BoR containing Barrage+GMP+Pierce+LGoH
Thief's torment (totally optional)
Chin Sol (with a potential free 6-link)
Everything else rare with life and resists + attack speed on gloves and some mana leech.

Pretty cheap build right? I guess if you had a 6-link you wouldn't need the BoR, but for bow builds that would actually work well with blind it's still a good option. 6 linked chin sols are pretty cheap actually. Those new quivers like Rearguard look awesome but they're really expensive. Drillneck would be perfect for this build but it would be too expensive for me personally.
Last edited by PigeonSmasher on Aug 19, 2014, 4:49:07 PM
"
PigeonSmasher wrote:
Hello again. So I expanded on my suggestion and made a skill tree

https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgEAjM89_FhjxthfP_ZIJy_jn7yf7w7BBBRxpzD463zZcqn3MuoYhxlsFvxLJ-2sqjJ-OlIOPFb6FHWkwjB8TZIj9o19BbWNv1FHwuy1SG1sNj1sjJ2qYqwfQQYjFr8DHlHZsJL_kzIJcmxsRqlueA1Yrzbo2L01krXy_gqmV03j_o864fJFQzZ59ipbUuxKfYd2Z6D8xRiRUEcUIGHiJpVVS7TFlQXKqV1omvEIiSmlTipbr38CMpTZxqbgVbWezaOK7g5uqipNPydKyCzp3Q0VICU_q9LajQ==

It goes for attack speed to get the most out of blind and LGoH. I would be tempted to use a thief's torment ring with this to help with the life gain and mana costs.

With a maxed out LGoH gem and Thief's you'd be getting 84 life per hit, 8 shots per attack, and roughly 3 attacks per second = 2016 life per second. Not including any Life leech. Just a level 20 LGoH would get you ~1000 life. And this would be 100% piercing so then you're hitting multiple targets too.

So BoR containing Barrage+GMP+Pierce+LGoH
Thief's torment (totally optional)
Chin Sol (with a potential free 6-link)
Everything else rare with life and resists + attack speed on gloves and some mana leech.

Pretty cheap build right? I guess if you had a 6-link you wouldn't need the BoR, but for bow builds that would actually work well with blind it's still a good option. 6 linked chin sols are pretty cheap actually. Those new quivers like Rearguard look awesome but they're really expensive. Drillneck would be perfect for this build but it would be too expensive for me personally.

Wow man that's a really interesting aproach, I'll be definitely gonna try that barrage action!

This is what I got, keeping in mind Chin Sol and Point Blank, maybe with RoA/Puncture or something. Some Endurance Charges, gonna link CWDT with Immortal Call for "oh sh**!" button. Still having doubts about Iron Reflexes vs hybrid defenses... not sure.

Again, thanks for the insights!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info