New Unique Item - Also if someone could answer a question here...

So. I searched around the web and this forum and don't found a post like: "Send your unique items here".
I don't even know if it exists, but as we know there are supporter uniques and, I'm asking if there is ANYONE who knows how to does it and to explain it.
You may be thinking, "this is the SUGGESTIONS section you bast**d."
Calm down, as I didn't find a proper place to do it, I'm suggesting a unique item here:

The Item(Claw) Itself

This claw's base item don't have a unique yet, so I decided to put some effort here.
I like items which integrate various parts of the game, so this claws base damage is based on your maximum mana and also applies some of it's life leech (the claw leech only) to mana as well. I know it's probably not awesome, but some ideas could be taken from it.

Also the motto refers to a own created RPG universe which I crossover my "Reaper" to Wraeclast (Beyond will bring "thing" from other dimensions. So why not?).
"The strong, hits heavier.
The smart, acts better.
The skillful, wonder forever.
The trickster? He does it all. At least, the people believe that he does."
Last edited by DiogoStone on Aug 29, 2014, 9:10:16 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
There are two threads where people generally post their ideas for Uniques:
PoE Unique Item Generator - Create your own unique item and For those interested in making Uniques..

The ones designed by Supporters that are actually ingame were part of a previous Supporter Pack or could be purchased separately for $1000. These options are currently unavailable because of a huge design/implementation backlog. Rumours are however, that if you email Support and donate $1000 you can still do this.
Last edited by Alysma on Aug 18, 2014, 3:49:20 PM
from a flavourstandpoint i would add a "reserves 99% of your mana" to it, as in you are spending mana to deal damage

as it already looks like a heavy Eldritch favoured item, but most use Eldritch only for defensive measures, this could become a offensive Eldritch .. ? ..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcKqhDFhNHI
Last edited by Lachdanan on Aug 18, 2014, 6:09:06 PM
"
from a flavourstandpoint i would add a "reserves 99% of your mana" to it, as in you are spending mana to deal damage

as it already looks like a heavy Eldritch favoured item, but most use Eldritch only for defensive measures, this could become a offensive Eldritch .. ? ..

Probabbly. I really like EB builds, aside the fact I don't have any.
But yeah, about balancing it, maybe reserving your mana (maybe not all of your mana, but a part of it, like 50% or somethhing like) would be a nice idea.

It would be nice to have a build where your mana defines your damage... Don't you think? xD
The smart, acts better.
"
It would be nice to have a build where your mana defines your damage

/signed, "selfquote: converts all your mana to damage" ^^

Got no EB build, but wasn´t that like upto 2k mana dualwielded
figured thats better than any 2hand, the most easiest solution to keep that within bounds would be to remove all Skills from applying thus 100% reserve ( don´t try that with Bloodmagix)
A pure singleattack weapon.
"
Lachdanan wrote:

No. That would kill the whole advantage of this item.

If you reserve all of your mana to deal damage with this item, it'll require the use of the Blood Magic gem and remove any possibility of using Mind Over Matter, and that means fewer block/acro builds will use it.

Also, I cannot think of a single build that would want to use EB just to deal damage and give up MoM in the process.

Besides that, this unique has a good idea.
"
"
Lachdanan wrote:

If you reserve all of your mana to deal damage with this item, it'll require the use of the Blood Magic gem and remove any possibility of using Mind Over Matter, and that means fewer block/acro builds will use it.

Also, I cannot think of a single build that would want to use EB just to deal damage and give up MoM in the process.

Yeah, reserving mana dosn't look like a really good idea. But maybe it would reserve some (like 20% or something like) and be affected by the reduced mana reserved nodes in the tree like an aura. But only the reduction, not the buffs to auras/self-buffs.
Also as it applies part of it's life leech to mana it would heal you nicelly.
In addition with some crit. chance and an Atziri Acuity (or even Vaal Pact) you would Insta Heal lots of life/mana.
The smart, acts better.
The smart, acts better.
Last edited by DiogoStone on Aug 29, 2014, 9:12:47 AM
"
DiogoStone wrote:
"
"
Lachdanan wrote:

Yeah, reserving mana dosn't look like a really good idea. But maybe it would reserve some (like 20% or something like) and be affected by the reduced mana reserved nodes in the tree like an aura. But only the reduction, not the buffs to auras/self-buffs.
Also as it applies part of it's life leech to mana it would heal you nicelly.
In addition with some crit. chance and an Atziri Acuity (or even Vaal Pact) you would Insta Heal lots of life/mana.

Let's assume that this item reserves 25% of your mana.

With the now useless aura nodes, it's damn near impossible to really invest into auras and run an item that reserves an amount. It was hard enough pre-1.2.

Let's look at a MoM build. It spends most of its points on getting max block, so not that many points go into aura nodes. They'll be lucky to get about 25% reduction. Running Clarity and Discipline can take up to about half of their mana, depending on the build. Adding on this item would reduce that to less than 35% of their total mana, without adding any additional survivability.

This item reserving mana in any significant amount kills itself.
do you notice how they nerf down the numerical values each patch already ?
2% of something physical damage something when something happened maybe do something dependend on something, thats the lets play it safe stat and nerf it later, inspired by Aegis Aurory.
still like mine better :P

7%LL
15%IAS
Reserves all your Mana
Maximum Physical damage is your max Mana
Min damage is 1
xx% less damage (if need be)

ends up in a nice 1-7k singletargetweapon, potential for both huge and minimalistic damage.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info