Currency Drop Rates Table

"
DexDeus wrote:
I was not claiming it would not have an impact, you pick a sentence from my entire post and quote that taking it entirely out of context. I am kind or referring to the fact that the rarity should not change anything but the stupidity of the players could end up making it do so. Which is my grumble.

Sorry about that. I had been writing my post on a tablet, so editing capabilities were a bit limited. I had also misunderstood. Yes, we do say the same thing. :)
I've been playing since Ambush, 470 hours, have found 1 blessed and 4 gemcutters and nothing higher. I found all of them before my best character hit level 60.
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone
I guess I been pretty luck on exalts. Dropped 11 since I started playing this game at start of Ambush. Only one divine tho. No higher tier ones.

Three toons high 80s.

BTW how you tell how many hrs you got in this game?
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Aug 18, 2014, 9:02:34 PM
My Steam account tells me the ever increasing bad news.
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone
"
Aim_Deep wrote:

Steam shows you, if you use their client. You can also type /played in the game and see the information for the current character.
Been playing +1700 hours, and the most valuable currency drop was Eternal orb few days ago. So yeah, it drops.
IGN: RichMightyWitch
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
I guess I been pretty luck on exalts. Dropped 11 since I started playing this game at start of Ambush. Only one divine tho. No higher tier ones.

Three toons high 80s.

You can't drop anything , the monsters can .
"
skaterboy80 wrote:
"
Aim_Deep wrote:

Three toons high 80s.

You can't drop anything , the monsters can .

Technically you can drop items on the ground..
"There are worlds that lie beyond the edge of my page, the edge of my understanding. Worlds of wonder. Worlds of terror." Aramil - Cartographer to Emperor Chitus

2018 Fan Art Contest Top 20: view-thread/2186731 ||| 2014 T-Shirt Contest Winner: view-thread/759460 ||| "Lost Worlds" Div Card Creator
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
"
Charan wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
I've suspected that mirrors and eternals are gifted out as well, either by forcing a drop or just by trading them to people. These numbers support that.

If so, they need to show their top financial supporter some love.

And yes I'm laughing. At. You.

I didn't mean to imply that they gave them out biased on any criteria, just that they gave them out by some external method. Like... we haven't seen enough mirrors being used, lets dump 12 randomly into the economy and see what happens. I don't think they give them out to people who donate, or to their besties. But I do think that they increase supply when they feel it's needed.

I very much support this idea. I even think they have a pattern of temporal drop buffs/nerfs that they can apply at (before, after, etc.) important dates like diablo 3 ros expansion, for maps, currencies and so on.

A system like this would be needed to keep certain things healthy (e.g. if too many maps drop, they switch on the mapdrop nerf for two days) as a normal undynamic RNG system would long term drift in one or another direction with drops that dev's would not want it to go to and can't globally fix it quickly while leagues are running e.g., etc.

It makes alot of sense (cui bono).
Last edited by LSN on Aug 20, 2014, 2:39:00 PM
Well even if it seems that the devs some times have switches to increase or decrease certain drops, I don't think this is happening in this game. While in Diablo3 there totally were legendary loot pinhatas after major patches! Maybe mirrors are dropping only x times every y hours, but I don't see this happening for other things...except certain times the conspirationist in me notices maps returning you the orbs needed to craft them.... hmmm...
"There are worlds that lie beyond the edge of my page, the edge of my understanding. Worlds of wonder. Worlds of terror." Aramil - Cartographer to Emperor Chitus

2018 Fan Art Contest Top 20: view-thread/2186731 ||| 2014 T-Shirt Contest Winner: view-thread/759460 ||| "Lost Worlds" Div Card Creator

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info