Currency Drop Rates Table

It would be in GGG's best interest to deny these numbers, even if they are true. Afterward, change them so they are no longer accurate, just to fuck with everyone.
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00
Last edited by CliveHowlitzer on Aug 18, 2014, 4:23:43 PM
2 divine 7 exalts, here
my english sux.
Will people stop saying "oooh because x is rarer than y yet we only pay z chaos for it now and it should be worth w chaos then".

Maybe i hold in my possession at home the only vase by John Mcgibblestaff ever made but just because it's rare does not make it valuable. Because nobody wants it.

Divine orbs are less required than Exalts so of course their value is less despite them being rarer if the data here is correct ...

Just think a little before you post guys. Rarity is not the only factor in deciding somethings value in the real world, nor is it in path of exile.

The market prices are the market prices, this changes nothing in regards to that.

IE Mirrors are not worth 1600 exalts because no one is willing to pay that for one.

Ugh sometimes i wonder how the human race survived so long i really do.
"
DexDeus wrote:
Will people stop saying "oooh because x is rarer than y yet we only pay z chaos for it now and it should be worth w chaos then".

Maybe i hold in my possession at home the only vase by John Mcgibblestaff ever made but just because it's rare does not make it valuable. Because nobody wants it.

Divine orbs are less required than Exalts so of course their value is less despite them being rarer if the data here is correct ...

Just think a little before you post guys. Rarity is not the only factor in deciding somethings value in the real world, nor is it in path of exile.

The market prices are the market prices, this changes nothing in regards to that.

IE Mirrors are not worth 1600 exalts because no one is willing to pay that for one.

Ugh sometimes i wonder how the human race survived so long i really do.

A lack of birth control.
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00
"
It would be in GGG's best interest to deny these numbers, even if they are true. Afterward, change them so they are no longer accurate, just to fuck with everyone.

They can tweak the numbers at any time and invalidate the leaked data, but I like transparency. As someone said, it helps players to make informed decisions. The only downside, in the eyes of some, is the impact on trading, because while demand matters more than drop ratios, people's willingness to pay prices that massively go against these ratios will be lower.

I didn't keep track of my currency drops, but the relative distribution below eternals claimed in the leaked data "feels" about right to me.
"

Sounds like politicians.

"accuracy" is irrelevant, because of variance.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
Mivo wrote:
"

They can tweak the numbers at any time and invalidate the leaked data, but I like transparency. As someone said, it helps players to make informed decisions. The only downside, in the eyes of some, is the impact on trading, because while demand matters more than drop ratios, people's willingness to pay prices that massively go against these ratios will be lower.

I didn't keep track of my currency drops, but the relative distribution below eternals claimed in the leaked data "feels" about right to me.

Exactly this. I feel that you'll offer someone the proper rate for their regals cause you need some and they'll go "no i want x more because thats what their worth in terms of rarity"

*facepalm*

Wish this had never come out, hope the dumbasses dont take it too serially.

Of course this could just be completely made up and then someone is laughing at all of us for being dumbasses but my posts are assuming it is true. I neither have a way to prove nor disprove it so...
"
DexDeus wrote:

You completely underestimate the impact and power of perception.

People will not pay moon prices if they have tables showing them that they pay multiple times more than they "should" have to. As a result, demand drops (at the moon prices), so actual asking prices decrease. (Or the other way around, though people feel more strongly about getting ripped off than they do about profiting from ripping someone else off -- one is injustice, the other is a stroke of good luck).

Demand is a powerful force, but it is impacted by the buyer's perception of value. Before, we only had random guesses. Now we have (or believe to have, but that is the same thing in this context) actual numbers. I feel it is premature to claim that this will not have an impact.

It is not black and white.
It'll be quite fun to observe the effect this has on the 'economy'.

"
Mivo wrote:
"
DexDeus wrote:

You completely underestimate the impact and power of perception.

People will not pay moon prices if they have tables showing them that they pay multiple times more than they "should" have to. As a result, demand drops (at the moon prices), so actual asking prices decrease. (Or the other way around, though people feel more strongly about getting ripped off than they do about profiting from ripping someone else off -- one is injustice, the other is a stroke of good luck).

Demand is a powerful force, but it is impacted by the buyer's perception of value. Before, we only had random guesses. Now we have (or believe to have, but that is the same thing in this context) actual numbers. I feel it is premature to claim that this will not have an impact.

It is not black and white.

I was not claiming it would not have an impact, you pick a sentence from my entire post and quote that taking it entirely out of context. I am kind or referring to the fact that the rarity should not change anything but the stupidity of the players could end up making it do so. Which is my grumble.

That sentence is to say that if there is no extra demand for something then its rarity should not matter.

In the real world Diamond is relatively rare. It's also pretty. It's rarity does increase its value because it is in demand also. The supply is less.

In Path of Exile however, no one buys a mirror purely because of it's rarity. They buy one because they want to mirror something.

So rarity in path of exile should not make any difference what so ever. It should be based on 2 factors:

The functionality of the item and its rarity lead only to
The supply
The demand

Yes, we all heard this before, but it's absolutely the case.

But people seem to think that rarity is an extra added reason to increase something's value. No, the rarity reduced the supply, the fact is that the demand isnt high enough.

All in all, all this kind of thing does is frustrate a sane, sensible person when they have spent 30 minutes trying to buy eternals only to find that when they get a response the guy uses this to claim theyre worth more......

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info