Raging Clarity Cyclone Flicker Dual Claw Scion Build

I got this crazy idea to make a dual claw Scion. I am rather new to Path of Exile, so I don't know how good this build is. So far this build has been the most fun to play, but at the same time it can be difficult to play. I suppose it relies heavily on the gear I have, especially the mana regeneration. I got the idea for the combination of skills from playing with some other builds with cyclone and flicker. Once I discovered Blood Rage, I had to try it.

I am presenting this at this time, because I just killed Piety solo at level 37. This seemed like an accomplishment to me.

Level 37 Passives

Update for the 1.2.0 Patch... and for the fact that I just soloed the General without dying at level 50 (It's a 51 zone).

I used Vaal Cyclone, cleared the remaining soldiers with Cyclone and then stood toe-to-toe with the general while spamming dual strike. The fight went rather quickly.

Passive Tree

What I can say about this new tree is that I was afraid I would have to start over. There were a lot of changes that affected my build. At this point, I feel like the build is better than what I would have had at level 50 before the patch.

The Frenzy gem would be nice, but I don't have it. When running with parties, often I found I wasn't getting kills quick enough (I probably needed better claws at the time too.), but having the Frenzy gem would help keep my Frenzy up. And that leads me to my next thought...

You could do without the Blood Rage and go with Frenzy instead. Its hard to tell, but I don't think this build really needs Blood Rage to get the extra health. Blood Rage seems to keep the DPS pretty high when dealing with large numbers of enemies though.

Another thing I would do differently would be to focus on more damage from flicker strike. It's really nice when you can keep up frenzy and flicker randomly. This means either getting a support gem fpr Flicker Strike to do more damage to single targets or simply choosing more passives that would help generate this damage. Or maybe staying on the bleeding edge with really nice claws. I tend to use what I find rather that craft though.

The Gear
Spoiler

Before the patch, I crafted the claws using only 2 Orbs of Alchemy to get both of them. I also, crafted the two Sacred Life Flasks.

This build could probably use more health though. Big hits tend to get me. Discharge from the Undying Grapplers in the Warehouse and the sewers was a death sentence.

Also, the Void Bearers in the Docks were a pain. You have to be careful and use flicker to get behind them or whirling blades to run away if you get too many around.
I just defeated Piety at level 50. I died 4 times though. I didn't use portals. It was mostly a control issue. A more skilled player could have taken Piety with this character without dying.

Edit: This was my first attempt at Piety on Cruel difficulty with this character.

My first attempt at Piety on Cruel difficulty was with a Witch at level 51(summoner). I was in a party of 2 and we died several times. I didn't count, but it was probably more than 10 times. We were both level 51.
Last edited by trilioth on Aug 21, 2014, 8:52:55 AM
I'm using this build as a base, but I plan to make a few changes into it to add a bit more damage or perhaps evasion. I'm not sure yet since I am playing with it as I go along with it.

Although, you need to work on your gems and think things a bit better. It is best to focus ona main attack and work your build around it, and always put it on your chest piece since it has the most slots at higher levels. Vaal Cyclone is a good skill on the side to use for an extra kick to the nuts to the mobs, but whirling blades and reave would be a great attack to focus on and work around for a claw build. But other stuff are just taking space that could be used for better stuff, like a spell totem with a blind or something else. Like a curse.
Last edited by Renor on Sep 14, 2014, 6:24:58 PM
I have given up on this build.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info