Why is this game not more popular

Most poeple see a diablo like game and dont even want to try it, because they have prejudices (they cannot imagine a interesting experience) and project that feeling on the ARPG games in general.
"
1235 wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Ponder this... how many people in the world right now are playing chess? Any idea? Does the number have anything at all to do with how "popular" chess is?

are you saying that few people are playing chess at any given moment? lol, A LOT of people are playing chess at any given moment, tens of thousands easy, and there are tens of millions or hell 100 million who play from time to time

On the contrary. He's saying chess may appear unpopular but it's played all over the world my many.
He's saying...what you said.

But dang...POE would have even MORE players if they listened to the other players, instead of only listening to the people who LOVE trading. This game needs to be less...stingy on good drops. Less trading mandatory.
Vendering junk for alts so you can get jewlers so you can get fusings so you can get exalts so you can BUY gear from another player just isn't fun. The chances of actually getting good stuff from a DROP....not very good.
And I just don't understand why Chris won't listen.
"
"
1235 wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Ponder this... how many people in the world right now are playing chess? Any idea? Does the number have anything at all to do with how "popular" chess is?

are you saying that few people are playing chess at any given moment? lol, A LOT of people are playing chess at any given moment, tens of thousands easy, and there are tens of millions or hell 100 million who play from time to time

On the contrary. He's saying chess may appear unpopular but it's played all over the world my many.
He's saying...what you said.

But dang...POE would have even MORE players if they listened to the other players, instead of only listening to the people who LOVE trading. This game needs to be less...stingy on good drops. Less trading mandatory.
Vendering junk for alts so you can get jewlers so you can get fusings so you can get exalts so you can BUY gear from another player just isn't fun. The chances of actually getting good stuff from a DROP....not very good.
And I just don't understand why Chris won't listen.

You dont understand how loot driven games work when there is trading involved.

In beginning of leagues, where nobody has nothing, good drops happens constantly, you get a upgrade from mobs every 20-40minutes of playtime. As leagues get older the threshold for what people consider good drops or a upgrade to current gear increases, since they already have pretty good gear.
In standard league, which you must play, the threshold is so high, inflation is so high, that appears that the game is badly designed. But in fact if they increased drop rate or improved items, would only make you find better loot for the first weeks, because the threshold would simply increase again, and you would complain all over again.

If that bothers you, just play new leagues, and you will experience (especially at beginning of every league) very rewarding drops.

This is why GGG is very focused in new leagues in less than 4months each, because they understand how league depended is every loot driven ARPG(with trading) and important if they want a sustainable rewarding experience for players.

Although, I mostly play standard, because I dont have much time available.
IGN: Pumar, Pumam , PumarR , PumaPunch , PumaWander , PumaCleave, PumaSlams
Last edited by ropumar on Aug 18, 2014, 7:51:02 PM
"
ropumar wrote:

In beginning of leagues, where nobody has nothing, good drops happens constantly, you get a upgrade from mobs every 20-40minutes of playtime. As leagues get older the threshold for what people consider good drops or a upgrade to current gear increases, since they already have pretty good gear.
In standard league, which you must play, the threshold is so high, inflation is so high, that appears that the game is badly designed. But in fact if they increased drop rate or improved items, would only make you find better loot for the first weeks, because the threshold would simply increase again, and you would complain all over again.

If that bothers you, just play new leagues, and you will experience (especially at beginning of every league) very rewarding drops.

This is why GGG is very focused in new leagues in less than 4months each, because they understand how league depended is every loot driven ARPG(with trading) and important if they want a sustainable rewarding experience for players.

I understand perfectly fine how it all works.
I guess the most frustrating thing for me is trading. You're either flipping or you're a victim of a flipper. I really don't dig flushing my hard work down the toilet.
Some of them are blatantly pathetically obvious. 400 alts for an exalt? Well gee lets see here the next guy only wants 320. which is equal to 40 fuse. And THAT is standard going rate. Why would I give you 400 alts for an exalt? Oh so you can rip me off and laugh to the bank? It's just so lame.

When drop rates are horrible and it takes a TON of effort to accumulate currency, I resent the hell out of flippers.
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Aug 18, 2014, 8:08:03 PM
"
"
ropumar wrote:

I understand perfectly fine how it all works.
I guess the most frustrating thing for me is trading. You're either flipping or you're a victim of a flipper. I really don't dig flushing my hard work down the toilet.
Some of them are blatantly pathetically obvious. 400 alts for an exalt? Well gee lets see here the next guy only wants 320. which is equal to 40 fuse. Why would I give you 400 alts for an exalt? Oh so you can rip me off and laugh to the bank? It's just so lame.

When drop rates are horrible and it takes a TON of effort to accumulate currency, I resent the hell out of flippers.

sry, but I believe you didn't understand. your first post contradicts you.

You should however:
1) play new leagues
2)Join the self found league petition
3) Or play self found only even on standard league (no one is forcing you to trade)
4)Or Play a singleplayer game that has no trading.
IGN: Pumar, Pumam , PumarR , PumaPunch , PumaWander , PumaCleave, PumaSlams
"
ropumar wrote:

sry, but I believe you didn't understand. your first post contradicts you.

You should however:
1) play new leagues
2)Join the self found league petition
3) Or play self found only even on standard league (no one is forcing you to trade)
4)Or Play a singleplayer game that has no trading.

You should try accepting We're on different pages instead of thinking " I don't understand"
It's greed and dishonesty I don't like. I can manage fine and avoid the flippers.
Meanwhile I'm aloud to say this is the part of the game I do not like without people like you thinking I " don't understand"

I dont mind trading. I hate flippers. We're on different pages, and you aren't schooling me.
Granted the loot complaint is a different topic. I understand loot progression, value of loot as the wall progresses etc.

I'm saying drop rates are bad, in and of itself Period. Hours and hours between uniques. ANd when one DOES drop, it's worthless. And getting stuff with 12 life and 8 resist at level 90 is pretty stupid, but of course you'll have something to say to that too cuz I dont understand!

W/e.
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Aug 18, 2014, 8:49:38 PM
Lacks the grind addiction factor that d2 had. 99% of rares are vendor trash thus making end-game mapping, BORING!
Last edited by woodyfly on Aug 18, 2014, 9:43:54 PM
"
Charan wrote:
Have you ever tried to sell something for free?

It's really hard.

I think RIOT games is doings exceptionally well with the f2p LoL and I have spent over $500 easily on this "free" game. They aren't selling PoE but the concept of what you can build with PoE.
GGG listens to its fans!!! Thank you!
"
woodyfly wrote:
Lacks the grind addiction factor that d2 had. 99% of rares are vendor trash thus making end-game mapping, BORING!

Exactly. But apparently I don't understand!
I just ran Action's Nightmare map with 435% rarity and 117% quantity. All I have to show for it is a slew of vender trash rares ( and I DO mean vender trash), and Wanderlust boots. WANDERLUST BOOTS!
What was in the Large chest? ( oh goody a large chest!!) a few trash rares.

Path of trading this should be called. Path of economy simulator.

Ya...this shit is why people walk away I'd bet. Or at least one of the reasons.

And agree whole heartedly with the next post. Desync is atrocious. Leveling with melee splash infernal blow on a facebreaker is horrible. Constantly, and I mean constantly desyncing.
100% chance to hit with RT yet you'll find your self "missing 4 or 5 times in a row ( desync)
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Aug 18, 2014, 11:18:08 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info