Why is this game not more popular

Seriously the game is great and free, its also on steam sooooo wtf

Its shocking to me that this isent the biggest game of all time mostly cause its FREE!!!!
I dont see any any key!
They killing the game with all this nerfs...everybody hates nerfs....really GGG...
Have you ever tried to sell something for free?

It's really hard.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
some people don't like ARPG's
white knight
A gaming term used to describe a male gamer who, in a desperate attempt to get himself laid, will attempt to woo or impress any female gamer he comes across online by being overly defensive of her
"
TrueNott wrote:
They killing the game with all this nerfs...everybody hates nerfs....really GGG...

It just a game, yet GGG are nerfing almost everything just like Blizzard did to Diablo 3 in early days.
I Love This Game Now, Being a Summoner Hardly Associated with Desync ♫

♥ ♥ ♥ My Shop http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/887292 ♥ ♥ ♥
☻ ☻ ☻ Downfall of Zombie and Spectre in 1.2 Patch ☻ ☻ ☻
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1019959
OP asks why the game isn't more popular, which to me implies 'why don't more people know it/try it', so saying that it's 'all the nerfs' is missing the point on a grand scale.

At any rate, there were legitimate fears in Closed Beta that the game would get too big, too quickly -- when something is f2p, not pay to win, and essentially indie, it cannot support too big a weight at once.

Sorry, I should just stop responding to your threads with all my sense-making. ^_^

Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Aug 17, 2014, 10:38:14 PM
The game takes commitment, and I'd say that most people aren't looking for that in a game.
ARPG's are a niche market. On top of that many players can't deal with desync or the constant sweeping changes to the game. GGG appeals to a tiny porting of an already small market.
Look around you k1rage...what do you see? General discussion, a board that knows a thousand ways to see you trolled and QQ. You know what I see? K1rage? The playerbase is lashed with unrealistic rules and expectations from GGG. Chris Wilson and his team has but one rule.

Content, and only one expectation. Fun.

You know where you stand when you play Path Of Exile. And when you log out. Us heavy forum lurkers, we've been lurking here for some time now. We know, what it takes to survive when the skill tree changes. To theory craft, to enjoy the game. To call this game our favorite. The question is, k1rage....do you?
"
Charan wrote:
OP asks why the game isn't more popular, which to me implies 'why don't more people know it/try it', so saying that it's 'all the nerfs' is missing the point on a grand scale.

Player retention is a huge factor in popularity...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info