The Curse Nerf

With the nodes added to the tree, can curses at least be as powerful as they were pre-nerf or potentially more powerful? The easy access to dual curse from the witch tree makes cursing attractive, but the nerf to curses makes me 2nd guess this choice.

What do you all think?
GGG listens to its fans!!! Thank you!
"
With the nodes added to the tree, can curses at least be as powerful as they were pre-nerf or potentially more powerful? The easy access to dual curse from the witch tree makes cursing attractive, but the nerf to curses makes me 2nd guess this choice.

What do you all think?

Well there isn't data for all curses avaible, but Vulnerability might be stronger with increased curse-effect than it was before. I think it got 5% less increased physical damage. Even though this nerf is 20% at level 1 the curse propably scales like it did before so at higher level it is far less noticible. Also this open up the possibility to a Curse-Support since it seems awkward that you can Cast curses with higher curse effect with the curse on hit gem than you can by casting it normally. So using a 4l with Firestorm, Curse on Hit and two curses seems more effective than casting them manually.

But yes with some specialication curses have the potential of being more powerful this also means that curses from mobs or on maps might be a bit less dangerous.
This is what I wanted to hear. I'm mainly interested in the elemental weakness and conductivity curses. As it is currently, the combination is quite strong.
GGG listens to its fans!!! Thank you!
I'm chinese so I checked the trading forum on TW forum
Yes all curses are nerf for 20% so you'll need all 24% increase effect nodes in order to have the same stats as before

For example, reduce resist curse are now -24% instead of 30% at lvl 1
Temporal chain at lvl 1 enemy are slow for 20% instead of 25% and the other effect duration are 40% slower instead of 50%

But I have no data for higher lvl curses at the moment
Last edited by StygianSoul on Aug 17, 2014, 2:36:10 PM
Even with those nerfs, the right application of curses will be very powerful if done right.

EDIT: the reason there were nerfs is because you could throw a curse on any old build and have it make a MASSIVE difference, whereas after the nerf you'll need to plan for it, or at least have it be more than an afterthought for it to be effective. So in essence, yes curses will get nerfed, but if you *plan* to use curses and plan accordingly and have a build that synergizes well with specific curse(s), they'll still be very good.
Stormcalling 24/7.
Last edited by Casual_Boops on Aug 17, 2014, 5:19:15 PM
I'm curious if curses cast by curse on hit are affected by the new curse effect nodes.
The exact wording is "x% increased effect of your curses" so they should be affected since they technically are your curses even though you don't cast them yourself. Confirmation on that would be helpful though.
This should mean maps with curses will be easier, as the curses will do less to you.

That would be nice if true.
Theorycrafter/Build Creator for PORTAL guild
@BlightScourge -> guide @ view-thread/1382667 (Retired till Mjolner is fixed)
Lvl 94 Crit Mjolner Marauder
twitch.tv/savagewolves
"
heavyhand wrote:
I'm curious if curses cast by curse on hit are affected by the new curse effect nodes.
The exact wording is "x% increased effect of your curses" so they should be affected since they technically are your curses even though you don't cast them yourself. Confirmation on that would be helpful though.

Why wouldn't they?
Stormcalling 24/7.
"
"
heavyhand wrote:

Why wouldn't they?

Curses cast by curse on hit might not be considered "your curses" hence making the curse effect nodes only useful for selfcast curses which would really suck.
Pretty sure they would still be 'your curses.'

Seems similar to how hatred can increase bear trap's damage, shockwave totem's damage, and spell totem/trap/mine/selfcast EK's damage, even though your character doesn't deal the damage of the trap/totem.
Theorycrafter/Build Creator for PORTAL guild
@BlightScourge -> guide @ view-thread/1382667 (Retired till Mjolner is fixed)
Lvl 94 Crit Mjolner Marauder
twitch.tv/savagewolves

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info