The Michael Brown Case

This is an interesting case to me. I thought I would make a thread to see if anyone wants to discuss/debate it. Here is one link on the case for people who aren't aware...
http://online.wsj.com/articles/police-name-darren-wilson-as-officer-in-ferguson-missouri-michael-brown-shooting-1408108371. It's another racially charged case sort of like the incident with Zimmerman. This time a police officer shot and killed an 18 year old young man. Of course this case garnered lots of attention due to the officer being white and the young man being black.

I won't babble about the case just yet. Post if you interested. Thanks.

Standard Forever
So? From what i read the guy tried to take the cops gun or something, if the cop was black no one would care and the same thing goes for if the guy was white and the cop was black.

It was just used as an excuse to do some looting and vandalizing thats all.
"
So? From what i read the guy tried to take the cops gun or something, if the cop was black no one would care and the same thing goes for if the guy was white and the cop was black.

Do some more reading on the case its probably a little crazier than you think. The only eye witnesses claim that Michael had his hands in the air when he was shot.

I hate how all cops don't have dash cams yet. There should at the very least be audio of what happened but there isn't. So we have the friend of Michael who was with him when Michael robbed the store and a few other people who claimed to have seen what happened.

"

This is true, but I don't have much interest in discussing the looting and protesting. Its mostly people protesting racism than people who really want to know what happened. The looting is extremely stupid.
Standard Forever
"
iamstryker wrote:
"

Do some more reading on the case its probably a little crazier than you think. The only eye witnesses claim that Michael had his hands in the air when he was shot.

I hate how all cops don't have dash cams yet. There should at the very least be audio of what happened but there isn't. So we have the friend of Michael who was with him when Michael robbed the store and a few other people who claimed to have seen what happened.

"

This is true, but I don't have much interest in discussing the looting and protesting. Its mostly people protesting racism than people who really want to know what happened. The looting is extremely stupid.

Of course friends will say anything to avenge their buddy, there is no such thing as an impartial witness anyways. There is always bias to be had thats why juries dont really make sense but then again so do judges.

Judge hates blacks: "hang him!" Judge likes blacks: " give him a second chance"

Jury hates hispanics: "hes an illegal of course he did it, guilty verdict is the only way"

Jury likes hispanics: "i got many friends from mexico, he must be innocent!"

Thats why people tend to say that guys like bundy are the ones they never think would be able to commit a crime, theyre biased. Biased by what theyre being taught in school, from their parents and friends and of course the media.

We cant discuss stuff like this in Off Topic anyways without getting put on probation or in a civil way, at least not for long. This is politics and you cant talk politics, religion or LGBT rights on the internet as people tend to defend whatever they believe in rather than just staying out of it if things get heated.
I also don't have much interest in talking about the whole racism part of the discussion. I really don't care what color each part in the incident was, I'm just interested in trying to figure out what happened.

The two sides to the story are mind bogglingly different. The majority of people following the case may very well believe that the cop was simply a corrupt racist who shot and killed that young man for no other reason than because he wanted to. The other side is that this young man was violent and came after the cop who unloaded on him for doing so. I guess its even more interesting because of how emotional the first side is and that riots are taking place over this.

Standard Forever
"
iamstryker wrote:
I also don't have much interest in talking about the whole racism part of the discussion. I really don't care what color each part in the incident was, I'm just interested in trying to figure out what happened.

The two sides to the story are mind bogglingly different. The majority of people following the case may very well believe that the cop was simply a corrupt racist who shot and killed that young man for no other reason than because he wanted to. The other side is that this young man was violent and came after the cop who unloaded on him for doing so. I guess its even more interesting because of how emotional the first side is and that riots are taking place over this.

You can wait a couple of weeks to know for sure what happened because the media wants to drag this out a bit to make more money with this story.
this dude is so brainwashed is almost funny
Dogs Summoner - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/885199
"
Amiag wrote:
this dude is so brainwashed is almost funny

If your talking about me (wasn't sure), I actually haven't even given my personal opinion about this case yet so it would be impossible for you to evaluate my opinion at all.
Standard Forever
no I wasnt talking about you lol
Dogs Summoner - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/885199
Anyway, When I first heard the story my first thought was that people cannot trust the eye witness account of the guys friend who was with him during the robbery. I don't trust him to tell the truth about what happened, I don't trust his morality in general.

So I'm not surprised to find out that he was caught lieing recently when the coroners released information about the gunshot wounds. Michael Brown was shot 6 times in his FRONT according to the report. The friend lied by telling reporters that Michael had been shot at least once IN THE BACK.
Standard Forever

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info