Tis going to be a rough week.

So I'm not sure if I'm heading back to college this upcoming week.

The institute I'm going to is royally fucking me over with rooming, putting me way off campus and leaving me with no way to get to my classes as I can't drive. None of my good ol' chaps are near me either, so they can't give me rides, not like they would anyways as I've got 8 AMs every day.

My college is claiming that it has no available rooms on campus which is a load of horseshit. It's mainly just BS that I'm in my Junior year and got no priority for my housing assignment despite signing up as early as physically possible.

Apparently my only way to get on campus is to play it like I have a mental disability of some fucking sort that requires me to have an available solo room on campus. It's a load of fuckshit is what it is.

I'm likely not going to get moved into a solo room though. The college favors all the computing students and I'm in Psychology/Criminal Justice. It's just a bother. I don't know what I'm going to do if I don't go this Semester. I already had my academic leave in the first semester of last year that was prompted by failed suicide attempts because I was in an abusive roommate situation and my adviser put me on a super overwhelming schedule. It's way too late to apply to any other college to still get in by this semester. Life's spiraling down for me right now due to things I can't control and I don't know how to deal with it.

Sorry for the rant, I simply feel like this forum is somewhere I can always come to when I have woes.

I just need a hug, really.
Last edited by Stormquake on Aug 17, 2014, 3:25:42 AM
Wanna go to Fire_Kid's bachelor party?
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Call your Congressman. Seriously. Its the type of thing they love to interfere with. Threatening to withhold federal funding and such. (Or if you're not that big a dick, let the local media know.)
"
Moonyu wrote:
Call your Congressman. Seriously. Its the type of thing they love to interfere with. Threatening to withhold federal funding and such. (Or if you're not that big a dick, let the local media know.)

I don't think the media or a congressman is going to care about one Psychologist who is getting his education fucked over by not getting nearby rooming priority at a college.

@I_NO: Where is said party?
You could always get up early enough to walk. I use to walk five miles to work everyday and had to be there at 5am.

Worse day was -17F, but I still got there.

Spoiler
And yes it was uphill
Spoiler
Seriously, first mile was over a small mountain.
How much is 'way off'? You could probably cycle.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:
How much is 'way off'? You could probably cycle.

To the point where I'd need to get on a highway for a bit. No way would I cycle on a highway, I'd be fucking terrified.
Last edited by Stormquake on Aug 17, 2014, 5:01:24 AM
Public transport not an option?
I have a feeling my week is going to be rougher :s
"
Public transport not an option?

I was hoping for that, but the bus schedule around the area is fucky, and begins pickups at the living area at 9, meaning I'd miss my first class and a good portion of my second one every day as I have an 8-9 and 9-10 and then night classes far after that.

And before you ask, I can't change my schedule as my 8-10 bracket is composed of essential classes with only one class section offered this semester.

@MonstaMunch: What has happened to you, friend?
Last edited by Stormquake on Aug 17, 2014, 9:29:43 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info