"try on" an mtx before you buy it?

Seeing how it looks with your current equipment on would probably motivate people to make the right choice in what to purchase.

I don't really think it requires much more explanation. Similar to being able to see what an item looks like on you in WoW.
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Not this suggestion again...

And dont mention WoW around here, it doesnt even finance acti blizz with that feature so you cant compare it anyways.
"

And dont mention WoW around here, it doesnt even finance acti blizz with that feature so you cant compare it anyways.

what?
and what's wrong with my suggestion? being able to see how your character looks with a certain MTX couldn't possibly be argued against.
"
Kristalic wrote:
"

what?
and what's wrong with my suggestion? being able to see how your character looks with a certain MTX couldn't possibly be argued against.

Because people would abuse it and use an effect for whatever duration they can get it for free and "try it". Also, we do get videos that show the effects off, they gotta expand that a bit for all classes perhaps but thats about it.
this would be nice
Dogs Summoner - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/885199
"
"
Kristalic wrote:
"

what?

Because people would abuse it and use an effect for whatever duration they can get it for free and "try it". Also, we do get videos that show the effects off, they gotta expand that a bit for all classes perhaps but thats about it.

Depends what they mean by trying it on,I doubt they mean going outside of town.It could mean anything from just being restricted to town to stood on the spot and being able to rotate your character with your current gear on.
I'd be for trying on the gear in a "changing room". Or GGG could do videos with all the characters.
"
AlfaTangOh wrote:
I'd be for trying on the gear in a "changing room". Or GGG could do videos with all the characters.

I think youtube links next to the items would be a simple idea to implement,don't know if they have youtubes of all the items but I know there are some.
"
Kavlor wrote:
"
AlfaTangOh wrote:

I think youtube links next to the items would be a simple idea to implement,don't know if they have youtubes of all the items but I know there are some.

Youtube doesn't show how effect x looks with your set of current gear or other MTX effects.

They could just do it time limited as well, or that changing room suggestion (which is a good one I guess), should have a training dummy to shoot spells at as well (like for showing off gore)
"
Omega_k2 wrote:
"
Kavlor wrote:
"
AlfaTangOh wrote:

Youtube doesn't show how effect x looks with your set of current gear or other MTX effects.

They could just do it time limited as well, or that changing room suggestion (which is a good one I guess), should have a training dummy to shoot spells at as well (like for showing off gore)

this is exactly what i intended, a changing room.
the people who thought it was going to be you playing w/ it for a set amount of time, i honestly can't even understand why someone would consider to begin with.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info