Borders for 2D item images according to their rarity [Mock-Up included]

Motivation:
I think I am not the only one who sometimes carries around unidentified blue items for a while thinking that they are rare items. Buy you can't tell when you quickly open your inventory to make some room for a newly dropped rare since items all have the same background color.

Suggestion:
My suggestion is to add borders to the 2d art of items according to their rarity (magic, rare or unique). Similar to Torchlight 2 or Diablo 3 (in which case the whole backgrounds have different colors, which would also be an option), where you can immediately tell which items are magic, which are rare and which are uniques. In my opinion, it would also give the current in game UI a more polished look.

Mock-Up:

Source: http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/2dpw4l/suggestion_add_borders_on_unidentified_item/cjs1i23

Some positive Feedback for this idea:

"
teemu92 wrote:
I like this!

Simple and would be great to have.

"
Marquise wrote:
looks great.

"
ViperThunder wrote:
100% Love this idea. +1

"
would be intuitive and useful, I approve of this

"
Spacejuice1 wrote:
Awesome suggestion
+1

"
tsumetiv wrote:
I like this idea too! :)

The mock up looks great!

"
Marxone wrote:
I would like this. Seems like a good way how to keep better track of unique items in stash with 20+ tabs, when you are looking for something specific.

But this should be only optional - in UI settings, somehowlike the socket visibility.

Last edited by mayjay on May 26, 2015, 11:12:55 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I like this!

Simple and would be great to have.
Steam: teemu92
They should also disable unique art in unIDed uniques. Kinda like how it was in D2.
My immersion: It's breaking it.
Last edited by thefredz on Aug 16, 2014, 2:17:39 PM
bump
added a nice mock up from a reddit user
bump
looks great.
bump
The image from reddit user looks nice :)
"
They should also disable unique art in unIDed uniques. Kinda like how it was in D2.

+OP, +this
My little tribute to Diablo 1 aka why Diablo 3 is the worst part of the series.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zP2ejhudUlU

ig: Witchfire_The_Unholy

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info