Have you ever used RMT?

"
MonstaMunch wrote:
"
Poutsos wrote:
No, i beleive that true free market economies need third world countries to do their heavy labour cheaply in order to fuction properly :)

That doesn't make any sense at all. Firstly, there are no truly free market economies, because a free market economy could only exist in a society where government plays no role in the economy. As it is, all economies around the world are completely corrupted and enslaved by their governments, and thus aren't "free market" by any reasonable definition of the term.

Secondly, you haven't stated anything about free market economies that would make them dependent on non free market labor to survive, merely an assertion that they do. That assertion in itself is contradictory because if an economy is dependent on non free market labor, then it isn't a free market economy.

I think you're just getting into the whole "free markets are slavery, capitalism so bad" thing without really thinking it through. Its corruption between governments and corporations that is causing all this suffering, and its the very antithesis of what real free market economics is about.

I have thought it through, maybe even abit too much. My knowledge of the english language it too limited to have this discussion. However, after contless conversations with neo-libertarians, i know too well that we will never agree on anything, so it is pointless to even start.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/417287 - Poutsos Flicker Nuke Shadow
"
Poutsos wrote:
I have thought it through, maybe even abit too much. My knowledge of the english language it too limited to have this discussion. However, after contless conversations with neo-libertarians, i know too well that we will never agree on anything, so it is pointless to even start.

How would your ideal system look like?

Economists have good theoretical and empirical arguments that all countries profit from international trade. Btw the first person to make a popular theory about that was David Ricardo who was politically leftish, not a libertarian.

"
MonstaMunch wrote:
Its corruption between governments and corporations that is causing all this suffering, and its the very antithesis of what real free market economics is about.

This. Specializing on goods you are good at producing and trading them for goods others can make relatively better is a win-win situation for all involved parties. The problems arise in the distribution of the additional income from trade.
Epic derail.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
"
Charan wrote:
Epic derail.

Thus is the nature of Off Topic.
Used it fairly extensively in D3 vanilla when I used it to make up for the lack of useful stuff that dropped.

Other then that, never used it and (probably) never will either :)
In the US at least its not collusion between corporations and the government, its competition, and the corporations are winning that fight.

Also, necro of the freshly dead.
HAIL SATAN!
Last edited by tramshed on Aug 21, 2014, 6:39:43 PM
I use RMT all the time.

I use it to get food and drink and stuff.

RMT is OP.
“Demons run when a good man goes to war"
I don't even know what exactly *is* RMT, but if you mean buying stuff online... hell NO. For all the time I've actually played PoE I've been doing the self-found bit and it might have gotten me nowhere, but I have more self-respect than some asshole who has been Mastercarding his way trough the whole game.
http://unrealitymag.bcmediagroup.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/gibson2.jpg

Mel Gibson is your daddy... and, you don't really want to know what he does.
I used rmt in D3 RMA for my barb when I was a noob and first heard about the OPness of the WW build and I've had LS mates gift me gil in ffxi. Honestly I didn't feel bad for the rmt in 11 but it ruined my interest in my barb in D3.

Rmt in PoE would be a waste imo due to how fast the game changes unless you used it to stay on top of the ladders I guess, or maybe to keep a stock of high level maps but imo endgame isn't (wasn't ?) rewarding enough to power through it rmt style.
RMT is against my religion.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info