Have you ever used RMT?

"
Charan wrote:
Long ago I did RMT a bunch of plat on EQ1 to divide with my guild, since they were roleplayers and devoted way too much of their time to entertaining the server to actually play/get in-game wealth.

No regrets there.

You're far too generous. Your BLOW tabs were such a great present.
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
Yeah I do all the time. Thats why I have like ten legacy Kaom's and mirrors and shit.

Spoiler
Alright fine... I have like 50 chaos in perma HC.

Being serious though, no I don't believe so. I've spent some money on stupid mobile games and stuff, but that isn't RMT, it is just MTXs and DLC. So no I guess.
Current IGN: TheBearerOfLight
Gizoogle Chris: "Da State of Exile muthafuckas axed mah crazy ass ta post a reminder dat they podcast is dis weekend, as usual. It aint nuthin but tha nick nack patty wack, I still gots tha bigger sack."
Last edited by BoltThrower87 on Aug 17, 2014, 12:38:08 AM
The better question is: Would anyone who actually does RMT especially in this game admit it in a thread on a forum owned by GGG?
Radioactive Mutant Turtles? Who hasn't?
DISCLAIMER!
The views and expressed opinions of Dragon are solely those of a drunken redneck and are not necessarily those of a sane person. Any likeness of intelligence is strictly coincidental and should not be taken seriously. His posts should not be read... by anyone.
What a ridiculous question.
HAIL SATAN!
"
Upandatem wrote:
Poutsos, have you ever bought anything (at all) that you once were using (perhaps extensivly) but aren't using anymore, and would you say it has therefore been a complete waste?

I'm not into cheating either, but the "you will quit eventually" argument is a weak one as is evident when you apply it to other things.

Different thing. Buying the game, playing the hell out of it is different in my book than spending -possibly hundreds- of dollars for virtual gear in said game, instead of playing it. Paying to win in a game, will make you the loser in the end for me.

DirkAustin: I have no issue with RMT sellers. I have far bigger issues with "legal" corporations, that use Asian people to work 15 hours per day for a dollar. Free market creates the most brutal inequalities in the world. Western world that we live in, has all it's produts crafted, and holds it's wel being, on people who are practically slaves.
I remember on a sosciology class in the uiversity, the professor was talking about how evolved society was in ancient athens, and high their living standard was. I offered as a counter argument that they were using slaves to do all the labour, and he responded that today it is practically the same thing. And i think he is right.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/417287 - Poutsos Flicker Nuke Shadow
Last edited by Poutsos on Aug 17, 2014, 8:16:33 AM
"
Poutsos wrote:
"
Upandatem wrote:
Poutsos, have you ever bought anything (at all) that you once were using (perhaps extensivly) but aren't using anymore, and would you say it has therefore been a complete waste?

I'm not into cheating either, but the "you will quit eventually" argument is a weak one as is evident when you apply it to other things.

Different thing. Buying the game, playing the hell out of it is different in my book than spending -possibly hundreds- of dollars for virtual gear in said game, instead of playing it. Paying to win in a game, will make you the loser in the end for me.

DirkAustin: I have no issue with RMT sellers. I have far bigger issues with "legal" corporations, that use Asian people to work 15 hours per day for a dollar. Free market creates the most brutal inequalities in the world. Western world that we live in, has all it's produts crafted, and holds it's wel being, on people who are practically slaves.
I remember on a sosciology class in the uiversity, the professor was talking about how evolved society was in ancient athens, and high their living standard was. I offered as a counter argument that they were using slaves to do all the labour, and he responded that today it is practically the same thing. And i think he is right.

Fact is, you cant have a value in a virtual item, you can however have value in a real item.

Like when you buy a bunch of ex, what value do they really hold when someone quits playing or worse if the company folds?

Now compare that to europe where people used to have other currencies who now still hold value and depending on who you talk to, bring in quite a bit of money even though the currency itself isnt being used for regular payments anymore.
"
Poutsos wrote:
I have far bigger issues with "legal" corporations, that use Asian people to work 15 hours per day for a dollar. Free market creates the most brutal inequalities in the world. Western world that we live in, has all it's produts crafted, and holds it's wel being, on people who are practically slaves.

Why do you blame free markets? Are you claiming that the Asian countries you're talking about have true free market economies and that's why they are getting shafted? You might want to rethink your stance on that.
Last edited by MonstaMunch on Aug 17, 2014, 8:57:23 AM
"
MonstaMunch wrote:
"
Poutsos wrote:
I have far bigger issues with "legal" corporations, that use Asian people to work 15 hours per day for a dollar. Free market creates the most brutal inequalities in the world. Western world that we live in, has all it's produts crafted, and holds it's wel being, on people who are practically slaves.

Why do you blame free markets? Are you claiming that the Asian countries you're talking about have true free market economies and that's why they are getting shafted? You might want to rethink your stance on that.

No, i beleive that true free market economies need third world countries to do their heavy labour cheaply in order to fuction properly :)
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/417287 - Poutsos Flicker Nuke Shadow
"
Poutsos wrote:
No, i beleive that true free market economies need third world countries to do their heavy labour cheaply in order to fuction properly :)

That doesn't make any sense at all. Firstly, there are no truly free market economies, because a free market economy could only exist in a society where government plays no role in the economy. As it is, all economies around the world are completely corrupted and enslaved by their governments, and thus aren't "free market" by any reasonable definition of the term.

Secondly, you haven't stated anything about free market economies that would make them dependent on non free market labor to survive, merely an assertion that they do. That assertion in itself is contradictory because if an economy is dependent on non free market labor, then it isn't a free market economy.

I think you're just getting into the whole "free markets are slavery, capitalism so bad" thing without really thinking it through. Its corruption between governments and corporations that is causing all this suffering, and its the very antithesis of what real free market economics is about.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info