Raging Spirit Quill Rain Solwitch Build Preliminary [1.2]

Original Post majority of info:

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/990033

Spoiler
Concept:

This build you can start as early as you can equip CoC. It is so much fun , you literally see a swarm of little heads chewing away. I'm not talking about a few at a time, I'm talking about 50 of these suckers melting everything. At the same coc summons skeletons to block or tank at the point of hit.

Iterations:

There are two iterations of my build and one that uses chober in build (not mine) of the week, but from what I have researched attack speed with high crit rate is extremely more beneficial. It is possible to equip a two hander with 2 to fire gems. The problem lower raging spirit count, higher dmg but single target is just horrible.

Equipment:

Two high crit wands + one Tabula OR Bow {Quill Rain} at level 28 CAN upgrade to Doomfletch but I find quill rain to be superior...

The Set Up

COC+Barrage+Chain+summon skeletons+raging spirit+melee splash

Do not level Barrage!!!

If your crit is under 50% replace melee splash with critical strike chance OR if your close to it in the skill tree where scion is right beneath there are increased spell duration nodes.

Mana Cost and Reflect Dmg

This is why the build is broken, your mana cost is 22!!! If you were to cast raging spirit out right with its synergies support gems the cost rises substantially and extremely slow. In reality you do not need all this nonsense, but better suited for your other minions.

No need to worry about reflect damage, you can coc away from a far distant.

What Other Skills:

Get minion damage nodes/gear and tank your self up with artic armor... This is so broken. No reflect dmg, awesome single target and mob damage. Farm away!!!

Why two wands?

There are two wands to consider paired together you get free blind and a boost to your minion dmg. If you can not find these wands two high crit rare wand will also do nicely.

Midnight Bargain

and

Moonsorrow

Both with a respectable 8%

Why barrage and not power siphon?

Barrage attacks faster in more increments and costs less. At level one barrage costs 8 mana vs 15 for power siphon.

Bow Vs Dual Wands:

I am at a crossroads here because I enjoy both. The unique bows mentioned are amazing with Asphyxia's Quiver LVL 10!!! your Critical Weakness curses and other curses bounces off enemies, the area effect is reduced by 40% but enemies are usually cluttered.

Dual Wands Build: Closer to minion damage and important life nodes.

Bow: Higher crit rate and speed easier to summon raging spirits lower raging spirit damage. Costs about little to no exalts.

So in a sense they are almost equal, its damage vs utility. Both work extremely well...

Gear Armor:

-Recommended/Optional-

Rats Nest: Dropped for me in Fellshrine
Milagros: Found these in Docks
Sidhebreath: Lunaris
Tabularasa temporarily while you craft or purchase a Voll's Protector
Skullhead: Max life, minion 2% life regen!!!

Stats:

Accuracy is very important 90% and higher is the mark. Evasion is not reliable for higher maps. So stack as much health as possible with regen.

Rotation:

With a 4l/5l/6l you're going to have few attacks. A coc attack that casts your curses, your main attack that summons your raging spirits and skeletons and once you killed your enemies raise your zombies and you should have your spectres already with you.

Main Attack>Curses>zombies

Skeletons are very important because you cast them immediately; ALL OF THEM with coc. They act as a wall with out hindering your regular attacks.

Enemies that you should get that cast curses as spectres:

Projectile Weakness - Waterfall 1 Skeleton Archers (high cast rate)
Warlord's Mark - Oak’s Devoted (high cast rate, easy to obtain)
Elemental Weakness - Church Necromancer
Flammability - Crematorium Necromancer
Conductivity - Chamber of Sins Necromancer
Enfeeble - Lower Prison Necromancers, Lunaris 1 mages
Vulnerability - (Upper Prison Necromancers)
Temporal Chains - Shipyard Grave Cave Sirens (low cast rate, prefers Freezing Pulse), Lunaris 1 and 2 mages
Vulnerability - many Sirens in Act 1 (low cast rate, prefers Freezing Pulse)

Choose your poison ;)

Skill Tree:

In a few days there will be new respecs and a new skill tree so I will post it afterwards.

Preliminary Thoughts:

The reason its in preliminary has to do with the new changes in the upcoming patch. So far this build is extremely viable, safe and loads of fun.

"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
Last edited by solwitch on Aug 17, 2014, 11:14:03 AM
[Reserved]

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
[reserved]

[reserved]

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info