Patch 1.2 Blood Magic Dual Flame Totem Magic Find Scion

"
Hey,I wonder how you level this build. I mean with which skill. You don't get Searing Bond as a Scion if they don't change it and you can't really level with flameblast while being a BM character. And is there no way to get the "Heart of Flame" and "Breath of Flames" node at the top? Or aren't they not needed for that? Would like to get an answer before the patch comes out and especially on the leveling part. Other than that the Build is really solid. Great work.

If you notice the first passive tree you use has you getting resolute techniques and that is because we will be leveling with spectral throw until early cruel when we get flame totem. I am going to redo the passive tree in just a few minutes so take a look at it under the final build and see what you think. My plan is to get rid of the duelist area to get more damage.

Thanks for the question and I hope you enjoy the build. :)
What are the weaknesses of this build?
"Im just Path of Exile-ing my way through college." -Me
Hey Everyone. I just wanted to inform you all that I have changed my mind and decided to do this as a Marauder. The reason being is actually because of some of the feedback on this post explained to me that I didn't need as much life regen and the main reason I went Scion was to be efficient with life regen. Since I have moved away from getting so much regen Marauder is a lot better. I plan to keep an eye on this one and will try to continue answering any questions people post but I thought I would let you guys know about this update. Also as a last thing before I left this build I updated it for more damage and less life regen to reflect my new idea for the build so if you haven't looked at it recently check out that last couple passive trees to see if you like the changes.

Here's a link to my Marauder post if you want to give it a try and thanks for all the support!

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/998220
"
yariosho wrote:
"
Hey,I wonder how you level this build. I mean with which skill. You don't get Searing Bond as a Scion if they don't change it and you can't really level with flameblast while being a BM character. And is there no way to get the "Heart of Flame" and "Breath of Flames" node at the top? Or aren't they not needed for that? Would like to get an answer before the patch comes out and especially on the leveling part. Other than that the Build is really solid. Great work.

If you notice the first passive tree you use has you getting resolute techniques and that is because we will be leveling with spectral throw until early cruel when we get flame totem. I am going to redo the passive tree in just a few minutes so take a look at it under the final build and see what you think. My plan is to get rid of the duelist area to get more damage.

Thanks for the question and I hope you enjoy the build. :)

Yeah the new Final build looks much better in my opinion. I will just use that build for piety and later Dominus farming maybe but it looks better then one before. Good work buddy.
Hi guys, anyone using this build in 1.2 ? I mean scion version.
Path of Exile > Diablo II > TorchLight 2 > Diablo I > Hello Kitty Online > Diablo III
"
slom wrote:
"
yariosho wrote:

The life regen is there for sustaining life through casting flame totem with how expensive it is once linked. Your templar version has basically no life regen and your scion has less than half what mine has. The armor is not that big of a deal but the dex is something to worry about. You need at least 109 to run max level gems and using a gear spot for dex is a lot more niche than getting it from the tree. If you have the piece that has it then great, use those points elsewhere but until then you need it. Resistances aren't terribly hard to get on gear and damage is just something I had to lose out on to get these other things.

Thanks for taking the time to review it and give your opinion. :)

109 Dex from tree is not needed :)

10.1% life regen 173%life and 12% cast speed and fire damage

9.1% life regen 148%life and 30% cast speed 148 and even more fire/spell damage

"
tehnix wrote:

I'm also planning on playing a flame totem char as the first char in the new HC league, but I found marauder to be a better choice. The build I'm planning to use is here.

The only thing I dont like is the diamant skin exit (ever since the nerf) but I guess it might be needed to be ele weakness proof (witch was nerfed?).

Why you take 5% life nodes in Constitution wheel, but not take 6% life (5% life + 6% armor) nodes alongside Warrior's Blood (marauder start)?
can someone show items?
Hey man, great guide, been lvling for dual client dom farming, I've changed the tree abit to get more life and +1 max fire res, to have the same amount of point (107). Check it out.

Cheers mate

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgAA2E2UoNpiaHT56EGHtz7-Csau2L0cpxDMNZIMXyu2tfJTpYxGbqqpbviTSsh4DT8nC2FkhHloBqDBBBo4-b1VtV8_p4SezaIPkFWnMC7_Fm_AGhRxFCBQUCSqWfP469-_A8ZQRzbpKhNKxAYOGJHjaloreGlj_Syn9q4J9qPy7FUqjUkbNtjxbKyY99eboY9GHRT60i6Ul4U09yGwg9tVxjpYZp6HZa-3MjQfAgQHLJwQWDwtxPbEFT0PffVYY-OfJy8n7YcZbBb8S6yqr2xM__AfxYqiAA==

Edit: Ah I see, forgot about the regen node, guess if u get enough dex on gear, drop the dex node and do this, prob what ima do, since i wont need that much dps.
Rampage: xGyoX
Last edited by Special0ps on Sep 19, 2014, 8:50:13 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info