League Exclusive Items

"
almostdead wrote:
GGG has also stated that those uniques could return one day - as race rewards for example.

Having the items return as race rewards is still only a temporary fix and thus subject to the same problem. It's unlikely they will keep creating new alternate art for the items just to keep them alive.
I don't like league specific uniques for the same reason I don't like the other kind of legacy items. I'd be ecstatic if they got removed or simply added to standard after the temporary leagues are done same way they are doing with drillneck and rearguard. They are forcing unfun behavior on players the way it is now.
I just watched the new trailer for the last master, Zana. About halfway through the video it's revealed that her specialty is allowing players to add modifiers from past challenge leagues to their maps. I sincerely hope this means GGG intends to make the past challenge league uniques drop in their respective modifier on these newly created maps.

This is exactly the kind of change I was looking for since its a permanent way for new players to find these uniques through the exact same challenge that was required to obtain them originally. Hopefully this is confirmed soon.
"
florian wrote:

I don't know how to explain this any clearer: players who start AFTER the leagues have ended don't get a chance to find the items.

I want to go see Jerry Garcia perform with the Grateful Dead, but I can't because he isn't alive anymore. I don't think it's fair that other people could go see him when he was still alive.

Put simply - your comment is like saying no one should ever have access to anything unless it is available for all eternity.

If you want one of the league exclusive items, you're going to have to participate in it, or pay very dearly to trade for them.

The sentiment here is like a child who is told they have to eat dinner before they can have deesert.

GGG isn't charging for the dessert, but you do have to show up for dinner.

PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
"
florian wrote:
I just watched the new trailer for the last master, Zana. About halfway through the video it's revealed that her specialty is allowing players to add modifiers from past challenge leagues to their maps. I sincerely hope this means GGG intends to make the past challenge league uniques drop in their respective modifier on these newly created maps.

This is exactly the kind of change I was looking for since its a permanent way for new players to find these uniques through the exact same challenge that was required to obtain them originally. Hopefully this is confirmed soon.

It is a move in a right direction but retartedly low drop rates will still make it impossible for casual players to get the items. So I guess not a real fix but just an added aggravation. So boting and RMT will continue, people will play for some time and quit, PoE will have it's elite players happy...

WE NEED A NEW GAME !!!!! 100% PoE ripoff with D3 drop rates so everyone can enjoy. No need for Forsaken Masturbators.

And before there is a post from a self-righteous elite player / bot here are preemptive answers to your proposals:

1. You are right this game is not for me but it can be fixed so I and thousands who quit can play and enjoy
2. Keep all of your BS with OP, balance, nerf, no drop in your HC leagues sinice you enjoy them so much
3. Yes I want to one shot mobs as I play for fun not e-glory. So OP builds/items should be left alone as some people enjoy that. If you don't like it don't play those builds. You don't need to be an ass and ruin it for me.
4. I am well aware that GGG doesn't give a rats ass about what I have to say (I am a casual player) but in time, as they loose even more players, they might see through the delusion and the idiotic comments/posts of elite players. Or we hope they get bought which could have a slight chance of making this game a game of the decade. It has it all just no more nerf and make those T1 rain.......
Hell is what I bring with me, not the place one goes.
Last edited by CANNIBAL_DEUS on Aug 19, 2014, 9:47:20 AM
The only issue I have is that eventually supply will equal zero, given enough time, and even if time is abundant enough that this would never happen (i.e. within the "ten year plan") then as supply approaches zero exclusivity still outpaces capability at some point. An often dismissed issue, but in my opinion only real valid argument against legacies, is that PvE loot finding is a competitive process, as trophy collection and relative build power (show and tell) are a primary motivator in the loot grind. The ability to acquire more powerful items to show off to other players is a driving force behind an otherwise fairly masochistic process.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
"
DalaiLama wrote:
"
florian wrote:

I don't know how to explain this any clearer: players who start AFTER the leagues have ended don't get a chance to find the items.

I want to go see Jerry Garcia perform with the Grateful Dead, but I can't because he isn't alive anymore. I don't think it's fair that other people could go see him when he was still alive.

Put simply - your comment is like saying no one should ever have access to anything unless it is available for all eternity.

If you want one of the league exclusive items, you're going to have to participate in it, or pay very dearly to trade for them.

The sentiment here is like a child who is told they have to eat dinner before they can have deesert.

GGG isn't charging for the dessert, but you do have to show up for dinner.

If it were possible to bring Jerry Garcia back from the dead I don't think there would be much hesitation from his fans. However, it is possible to bring these uniques back but GGG has chosen not to up until now.

I understand your concern but the real difference is that these uniques affect gameplay. If someone who hasn't played PoE yet sees a video of someone demonstrating a really interesting build using an exclusive unique and decides to start playing because of that then they might be severely let down when they find out that no one is willing to sell them the necessary item. It's an insult to new players who didn't get that chance to participate. There's no benefit to excluding players from parts of this game.

Like I said before, things like alternate art items and limited-time microtransactions are fine because they don't affect gameplay in any way but still give players the "I was there" trophy. They're kinda like having that Grateful Dead tour t-shirt. You can show your friends how cool you are because you got to see Jerry Garcia live but that t-shirt isn't going to help you get any jobs.

"
CANNIBAL_DEUS wrote:

It is a move in a right direction but retartedly low drop rates will still make it impossible for casual players to get the items. So I guess not a real fix but just an added aggravation. So boting and RMT will continue, people will play for some time and quit, PoE will have it's elite players happy...

There's an infinite amount of difference between difficult and impossible. As of right now the uniques are impossible to obtain, but even if they are reintroduced as extremely rare drops that would be infinitely better than not having them drop at all.
"
Game is not intended to be balanced around permanent leagues, only around temporary leagues.

Source?
"
Yesu wrote:
"
Game is not intended to be balanced around permanent leagues, only around temporary leagues.

Source?

Fan fiction :)
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
The official 1.2 patch notes have been released and it appears that there's no mention of the league specific uniques returning within the modified maps. This is a real shame and I feel that GGG has missed a golden opportunity to fix this problem while promoting fun new features. Maybe we can expect to see this idea added in the future.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info