Is it OK to never put points into a 1H or 2H specialization?

I plan on switching between 1H mace + shield and 2H mace. Below is a link of what I have so far. For survivability, I have points in armor, life, life regen, and resistances. For damage, I have points in increased melee physical damage nodes and of course strength.

I also have:

-Resolute Technique
-Lava Lash
-Blood Drinker
-Stamina (+1 max endurance charge)

my level 29 marauder build
Last edited by Lenox2288 on Aug 14, 2014, 4:07:26 PM
"
Lenox2288 wrote:
I plan on switching between 1H mace + shield and 2H mace. Below is a link of what I have so far. For survivability, I have points in armor, life, life regen, and resistances. For damage, I have points in increased melee physical damage nodes and of course strength.

I also have:

-Resolute Technique
-Lava Lash
-Blood Drinker

that all would be change next week, but if you wanna change between two 1h and 2h play
just avoid any nodes wording "two-handed phy damage" or "one-handed phy damage" that all

but i won't doing that if i were you, i been there and didn't went well as i expected
because you still need few Shield nodes eventually
Last edited by leftyZX on Aug 14, 2014, 4:23:11 PM
"
leftyZX wrote:
"
Lenox2288 wrote:

I also have:

-Resolute Technique
-Lava Lash
-Blood Drinker

that all would be change next week, but if you wanna change between two 1h and 2h play
just avoid any nodes wording "two-handed phy damage" or "one-handed phy damage" that all

but i won't doing that if i were you, i been there and didn't went well as i expected

Interesting. So I will eventually need to specialize or I will be too weak? Good to know.
Marauder tree's area i'll be reseted, just do what you want to do.

EDIT: I advise you to choose a build well before going distributing points. If you want 1h pick good perks. If you want 1h, choose your good 1h perks. Same for 2h.
Last edited by pedro2907 on Aug 14, 2014, 4:53:38 PM
"
Lenox2288 wrote:
"
leftyZX wrote:
"
Lenox2288 wrote:

I also have:

-Resolute Technique
-Lava Lash
-Blood Drinker

Interesting. So I will eventually need to specialize or I will be too weak? Good to know.

it will be less DPS, just choose between 1h or 2h
1h = balance between damage and defense (bcos you'll using shield)
2h = high dps
For those of you that choose a specialization, do you ever use a 2nd weapon set? And if so, for what? If I go 1H specialization, is it more worthwhile to dual-wield when I want to do dps? Or still use a 2H? I'm thinking DW means I wouldn't miss with my off-hand, since I have Resolute Technique?
Yes it is fine if you choose the right skill. Something like MS requires almost no investment in damage to perform well.
"
Kartikdon wrote:
Yes it is fine if you choose the right skill. Something like MS requires almost no investment in damage to perform well.

OK, good to know. Right now my main attack is Heavy Strike.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info