When to get Iron Reflexes?

What situation makes it viable to get Iron Reflexes? I don't understand when I'd want to get rid of evasion in lieu of armor.

Iron Reflexes
Keystone Passive Skill

Iron Reflexes passive icon.png
Converts all Evasion Rating to Armour
Dexterity provides no bonus to Evasion Rating
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
For example when you run 2 auras like grace + deter. grace give then 2000 armor and deter make it 3000 + affect normal armor. It also stack nice with Aegis aurora shield.

Also from my expercience armor is more safe. You can regen damage in time - there are no situation that you were "unlucky"
ign: CrushTheEvil
Last edited by Crushader on Aug 14, 2014, 1:23:48 PM
"
Crushader wrote:
For example when you run 2 auras like grace + deter. grace give then 2000 armor and deter make it 3000 + affect normal armor. It also stack nice with Aegis aurora shield.

Also from my expercience armor is more safe. You can regen damage in time - there are no situation that you were "unlucky"
Aside from gettging crit and suddenly having no armor. Or fighting an act boss and getting clipped by an attack, that once again, treats you as having no armor.

Evasion is so much more reliable than armor it's not even funny.

That being said. IR is for people who want US. If you're not taking US don;t bother with IR.
IGN - PlutoChthon, Talvathir
"
Aside from gettging crit and suddenly having no armor. Or fighting an act boss and getting clipped by an attack, that once again, treats you as having no armor.

If you mean fire/cold/lighting/chaos damage... ofc.

if not then give example or don't say "something", say "argument".

"
Crushader wrote:
"

If you mean fire/cold/lighting/chaos damage... ofc.

if not then give example or don't say "something", say "argument".

Armor damage reduction is dependent on how hard enemies hit you. Most people who haven't invested heavily in armor have much less reliable damage reduction than their defenses panel would suggest.

As an example: Assume you have 50% damage reduction against an attack. However you get crit and the enemy is a high crit monster so it deals double damage.

I'll use simple numbers. The attack normally deals 100 damage, you have 1200 armor. Normally you take 50 damage however when the enemy crits they deal 200 damage and you take

Damage*(Armor)/(12*damage+Armor) = 200*(1200)/(2400+1200) = ~75 damage

So basically armor is subject to both unluck (getting crit) and unreliability (monsters do variable damage) making it really really unreliable unless you put significant emphasis on it. Evasion has no such issues, and has no luck components other than its crit resistance mechanic and starting entropy value. I've always found evasion to be far more reliable with far less investment than any armor for precisely this reason and the math supports that general finding.
Last edited by Autocthon on Aug 14, 2014, 2:32:28 PM
"
Note that as raw damage increases, the damage blocked per attack increases, but the proportion of damage blocked decreases.

Yes you have right here, but it need to very high crit build - only pvp

Anyway there are maruder passives to reduce critical damage.

And about criticals, it's not defender luck, but attacker luck. All i was say before was about defender luck that can evade or not. There can be situation that attacker will make 2 lucky criticals and defender will unlucky not evade 2x times and die...

I was evade/dodge build before, but i prefer to get a hit and regen it in the time instead of evade(can't regen because of full life/es) and then die because of it.

Last edited by Crushader on Aug 15, 2014, 5:49:28 AM
"
Crushader wrote:
"
Note that as raw damage increases, the damage blocked per attack increases, but the proportion of damage blocked decreases.

Yes you have right here, but it need to very high crit build - only pvp

Anyway there are maruder passives to reduce critical damage.

And about criticals, it's not defender luck, but attacker luck. All i was say before was about defender luck that can evade or not. There can be situation that attacker will make 2 lucky criticals and defender will unlucky not evade 2x times and die...

I was evade/dodge build before, but i prefer to get a hit and regen it in the time instead of evade(can't regen because of full life/es) and then die because of it.

There is no luck. You can't be unlucky and fail to evade twice. Your evade can be low and you'll fail to evade twice but that's got nothing to do with luck and everything to do with bad build. Same for not being able t o regenerate when you take hits, if you can't reliably regenerate between evades (or during evades) you've got a crap build.

On the other hand all mobs have at least a 20% armor penetration when they crit, and all hard hitting mobs are ignoring a minimum 33% of your armor compared to softer hits. Stuff like Kole (map or otherwise) is hitting so hard as to make armour irrelevant unless you focus entirely on it.
and what about Resolute Technique. If the attacker has RT, you wont be able to evade...
There is precisely one time you'll face RT. PvP

And anyone with half a brain knows PvP is about as balanced as a one legged stool.
"
Autocthon wrote:
There is precisely one time you'll face RT. PvP

There's also like 2 Exiles with RT. Woooo.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info