[2.2] Guide for Life based Crit Dagger Reave

"
ClinchClonch wrote:
First of all; thanks for a great build.

What're your thoughts on converting your build to an acrobatics build utilizing lightning coil for added phys defense instead of armor? I've always liked acro and am intrigued by LC, although I've never used it. Would it need to be major changes to the tree for some reason I haven't thought of? Are there any massive weaknesses to it, like not being able to use some unique items you'd say are almost a necessity? If it's possible without a major build rehaul, what cluster would you say is the easiest to sacrifice for the 4 acro points?

Thanks!

Combining Acrobatics with Lightning Coil is a VERY strong build. The main reason I don't use this a Lightning Coil is that I had problems covering the -60 lightning res penalty.
When you go for Acrobatics, getting the Scion life wheel is no longer an option, since it simply requires to many points. I would therefore recommend this version. You will have to give up on some life nodes, but get additional life regen and some block chance.
The LC build got a slight nerf in 1.2 in the sense that you cannot run Herald of Ash with it, since you will need Purity of Lightning for the max res, which will hurt your clearspeed a bit (mainly due to the missing overkill AoE effect).
Pupicitas: lv. 100 Shadow
[2.1] Guide for Life based Crit Dagger Reave Shadow: /994474
EU Officer of Umbra Exiles: /732431
Thanks a ton! That is almost exactly what I had planned on going. A mix between your build and Oos'. Yeah, it's a shame that herald of ash can't be run at the same time unless I manage to get lightning res on pretty much every piece that isn't my chest. Got a Bino's waiting for me at lvl 65, so that should help a lot with survivability. :)

Just wanted to say I rolled a very similar build to pretty great success on rampage league and I liked it so much that I re-rolled one of my standard league scions and basically do nearly the same build but with quicker access to the scion life wheel. So far so good. Really fun, hitting some pretty good dps (by my standards 44k is pretty good, although I know you can get a lot more with this build). I'm currently using daresso's defiance but I'm thinking about dropping it for hp/res armor and using the blood dance for blood rage. Haven't decided anything yet, just having lots of fun clearing maps fast!
Which auras do you recommend? With reduced mana gem you can run either grace/hatred or grace/herald of ash/herald of ice. I like the hatred freezing on crit, but all those herald explosions are also very powerful. Tried both ways, haven't made up my mind yet. And which curses do you use?
"
dmitriyh wrote:
Which auras do you recommend? With reduced mana gem you can run either grace/hatred or grace/herald of ash/herald of ice. I like the hatred freezing on crit, but all those herald explosions are also very powerful. Tried both ways, haven't made up my mind yet. And which curses do you use?

I use Hatred + Herald of Ash. Regarding curses, I am currently testig if I can sustain Assassin's Mark with faster casting for easy access to power charges.
"
candoerfer wrote:
"
dmitriyh wrote:

I use Hatred + Herald of Ash. Regarding curses, I am currently testig if I can sustain Assassin's Mark with faster casting for easy access to power charges.

Do you use ele prolif with HoA? Thinking about Hatred w/ the ice to fire ring (since shattered corpses can't prolif) then HoA+increased burn damage+prolif
"
Sabreyn wrote:
Do you use ele prolif with HoA? Thinking about Hatred w/ the ice to fire ring (since shattered corpses can't prolif) then HoA+increased burn damage+prolif

The Ignite effect from Herald of Ash already spreads in an Aoe, so I don't see the need for Ele Prolif. Also: Ele Prolif has a 1.4 mana multiplier, which will make me unable to run my auras, since it will be applied to both Hatred and Herald of Ash and therefore reserve too much of my mana pool.
The thing is, I CAN sustain grace and hatred, or grace with two heralds, but it's hard to say which option is better, no idea, what do you think? As for a curse, I run assmark with blood magic and fast cast, no prob at all. I'm thinking about swapping it with enfeeble, because I don't have problems with charges using pcoc gem.
Almost forgot, what do you think about Vaal pact? What life leech you need to have for it to be effective? You can remove Heart of oak and grab this one without losing points.
Last edited by dmitriyh on Aug 30, 2014, 1:17:57 PM
You should have enough mana to run hatred, herald of ice + herald of ash
"
dmitriyh wrote:
The thing is, I CAN sustain grace and hatred, or grace with two heralds, but it's hard to say which option is better, no idea, what do you think? As for a curse, I run assmark with blood magic and fast cast, no prob at all. I'm thinking about swapping it with enfeeble, because I don't have problems with charges using pcoc gem.
Almost forgot, what do you think about Vaal pact? What life leech you need to have for it to be effective? You can remove Heart of oak and grab this one without losing points.

Grace is not really worth it. I would recommend Hatred + Herald of Ash + Tempest Shield.
I would remove the PCoC gem for another support since it will boost your dmg significantly and you can generate power charges via Assassin's Mark. You can still have Enfeeble on a CwDt setup for defences.
Vaal Pact becomes good when you loose regen due to the leech cap. The threshold depends on your pDPS and life leech %, but below 35k pDPS it is probably not worth getting.

"
xNuj wrote:
You should have enough mana to run hatred, herald of ice + herald of ash

I have a mana pool of 542. Herald of Ash + Hatred leave me with 222 mana, which is already hard to sustain reave without mana potion. Herald of Ice is not an option anyway, since it gives flat ice dmg bonus and does not scale of our phys dmg like Herald of Ash does.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info