[1.2.0] Rohak's Righteous Fire - Passive Skill Tree *Updated*

After some theorycrafting I came up with a some build options. I think I will use this one, I find it fairly consistent. It has more Life Regen and Phyisical Resistance, but less Health Points and Elemental Resistances than 1.1.5 builds. We can easily get elemental resistances with gear and Aurumvorax.

___________________________________________________________________________________

In my first calculations I concluded that our RF builds would suffer a Life nerf, but now, after some more precise maths I believe the difference will be barely noticeable at level 70-80, I dare to say we can even see our max life buffed as we level up towards level 100. (I did not consider Kaom's Heart in my maths)

My opinion: Without 2x Redbeak snapshotting Righteous Fire skill can lose a total of 100% total damage. If GGG doesn't buff the skill itself, I'm afraid we will have to bury this build.

Here is the Righteous Fire calculator rf.samminds.com/

Edit1: Well, it looks like we now gain 12 base life every level, before it was 8 base life.
Source: http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/2dihnp/12_base_life_gained_every_level/

Edit2: Rohak RF skill tree and lvl 100 added, and late game life nerf confirmed.
Side note: Seeing how ridiculously buffed is getting Energy Shield, we should start theorycrafting a possible 12k energy shield Righteous Fire build xD

Edit3: My opinion and RF calculator link

Edit4: Life change in 1.2.0 will probably be a buff instead of a nerf to RF builds, specially towards level 100. Improved the level 100 passive skill tree, dropped some fire/burning damage and added more life nodes.

Last edited by Rohak on Aug 18, 2014, 1:36:22 PM
Last edited by battlecarp on Aug 14, 2014, 5:16:18 AM
I like the first tree. Would be nice if more people showed what they think is a good tree.
I'm concerned for the lack of +max fire resists on the tree. I really hope something is re-balanced among Purity of Fire, or the way Righteous fire itself works. I finally have a good character (my RF guy) and I just hope I get to still use him after the patch!

On a positive note, the first tree (only one I looked at so far) looks really cool. A hefty amount of life regen is going to be FUN!!! :D

I have faith the the skills will probably be re-worked, otherwise who would actually be able to use Righteous fire?
I enjoy a little more defensive RF build.

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgEAWGPG2FBQLv-iD18_pzCezVW1wQQJ9iWt_QsDxhRxhxlsFvxLJ-01krXyqW54Db6KAdykGRv6Jd-E2WVNFFJHfuLqYSGE7ymlTiq2QUMxG8heE3TtmK0o-oLH-ehBh7c-_grYveNqNun60k99gFZ-4iSqFm8XL4CkJLCG0VOlDF8cp8auGmw8LamVxPa4k-vuw4bnkayvJ9XEWAUtYEt671FgeWgLYQ48kFXAGmaeGJFQRxQgpwja3Z2uDH3GnhB_QqP7qqC08wY=

features 26% self buffs and 28% auras for +6@4, and +8@5 for purity of fire/ice/electricity.
53% block/37% sblock at level 82 and 75%/52% by 95ish. This is with laz and rainbow.

"
Gunthak wrote:
I enjoy a little more defensive RF build.

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgEAWGPG2FBQLv-iD18_pzCezVW1wQQJ9iWt_QsDxhRxhxlsFvxLJ-01krXyqW54Db6KAdykGRv6Jd-E2WVNFFJHfuLqYSGE7ymlTiq2QUMxG8heE3TtmK0o-oLH-ehBh7c-_grYveNqNun60k99gFZ-4iSqFm8XL4CkJLCG0VOlDF8cp8auGmw8LamVxPa4k-vuw4bnkayvJ9XEWAUtYEt671FgeWgLYQ48kFXAGmaeGJFQRxQgpwja3Z2uDH3GnhB_QqP7qqC08wY=

features 26% self buffs and 28% auras for +6@4, and +8@5 for purity of fire/ice/electricity.
53% block/37% sblock at level 82 and 75%/52% by 95ish. This is with laz and rainbow.

man you can't take nodes that increase buffs on you because it will increase the amount of burning damage you take because RF is a buff "go figure".
"
Rohak wrote:
This is my rough guess around the new passive skill tree, I haven't spent tons of hours reading all nodes so I've probably missed something. It is also possible that the poebuilder passives tree has some bugs at the moment. If you have a better route please nicely share it with the rest.

Remember we still don't know if Life and Resists were buffed or nerfed or if RF skill will also change but so far this is what we've got.

Edit1: Well, it looks like we now gain 12 base life every level, before it was 8 base life.
Source: http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/2dihnp/12_base_life_gained_every_level/

Some men just want to watch world burn.

Actually that means less life....because life multiplier will be far less for life on gear.
Hello, This is what i am looking into for my RF build. this is the level 90 skill tree

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgEAxthYY1BQog8u_6C08wZfP-8OJy_jn8EEVbWezRRxpzD9CwPGCfYlrRku2WFXDdIhJ-2HGWwW_Ev7qsauPC3E9gxfHKdTpbc-_grYvTWS_o-mV03j8kU64fnoQYeUoNpiaHSCxyj66-5TUkWdmuBfygz36dVeH69sxYoUTQSz8B8CcaIAgzg8Be98kc677Xy7Otgt0uw4kFWnhBo4KU_kIkVHtQTzvgbpJ2EabJ2uFxwSaXF542o26SSqFm8XL_rSgKQksIbRmK0YkVBHFCC8nzWAqZV-4lFgDjyfyw==

I choose a defensive build using 6 endurance charges for 24% phys damage reduc and 1.2% life regen over going into the Duelist start. I felt there were to many point spent traveling to get Iron reflexes when you could get 50-60% more life or equal life and 30% block while only losing out on 2% regen which i think can be made up with having 60% more maximum life.

This allowed me to get 200% life, 11.3% hp regen with charges, 108% burn damage, 31% block, amplify
youtube.com/Niffler
IGN.: Niffler
Thanks everyone for sharing your builds and participating in the thread, there are some good ideas around. I specially like adding Block Chance nodes and Endurance charges.

I updated the build so it works for everyone, sort of generic, give it a look and let me know what you think.
Last edited by Rohak on Aug 15, 2014, 12:18:13 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info